[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does depression effect anyone's reading progress like it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1465762065286.jpg (13 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
1465762065286.jpg
13 KB, 472x357
Does depression effect anyone's reading progress like it does to mine?
>>
When I was having an anxiety episode I couldn't read at all.

All I'd want to do was mindless shit like watching TV in bed.
>>
Yes sometimes can't get any joy out of reading and it's annoying because I don't have anything else to do but drink.
>>
File: 1368245251991.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368245251991.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>8269000

Yes. When it is catatonic level bad I'll get no more than 10 pages a day done. That is it.
>>
>>8269000
Yes. I've been down lately. Rerunning The Office for the fourth time. It's been two weeks and i'm in season 6, episode 24.
>>
If you think you're depressed, you're not depressed.
>>
>>8269000
I haven't read a book in months, so yes.
>>
>>8269082
Same, I was reading 80 pages every other day this past semester for a class. Now I'm barely reading 10. I'm running out of my summer free time, anon.
>>
>>8269884
man thats depressive
>>
>>8269889
What the fuck kind of logic is that?
>>
How does that work? You are reading and suddenly start crying? lol

When I read I can focus on the text without a problem. The depression strikes at other moments.
>>
Read this, you will be cured before you finish, I promise.
>>
>>8271697

>Depression

>Having anything to do with crying

You never experienced a lapse of depression have you? It's not about feeling sad and crying and shit, it's a hollow emptiness that seriously feels like it's eating away your bones and energy to do anything besides habitual tasks or sleep in bed.

I literally lost 10 pounds because my depression killed my appetite before I had to go see a doctor.

Maybe depression is different for everyone I guess but I feel it might be so overused of a word it loses it's credibility when there are people who actually need help.

>>8271720

Seems interesting. Will check out.
>>
>>8271794

Yeah it's a great book, I was joking though when I said you'd be better before you finished it, it's longer than the bible and depression goes away on its own with time.

Really that's all I've ever found to deal with those periods, think of it as an illness, like a cough, and suffer through it, and eventually it will lift for no reason at all.
>>
yeah for sure. when I'm depressed it seems the only thing I want to do is watch TV and sleep. thank God for effexor!
>>
>>8269000
like nigga just close the book ahahahahah
>>
The word, on the page, reads like an epitaph, on a gravestone.
>>
>>8270784
:(
>>
You're not depressed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.