[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solaris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: SolarisNovel.jpg (14 KB, 220x337) Image search: [Google]
SolarisNovel.jpg
14 KB, 220x337
Is it any good? If so what version/translation should I read? Also where could I find a pdf of said version/translation?
>>
Libgen.
It's quite interesting, one of the best sf novels.
>>
>>8268782
yes/no idea/google
>>
File: 95558[1].jpg (31 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
95558[1].jpg
31 KB, 314x475
>>8268782
>>
>>8268797
Which translation did you read?
>>
>>8268851
Fuck if I know.
>>
interesting on an intellectual level but a crap story from a human point of view

the movies are better if you want emotion; they take the ideas and make them real stories
>>
>>8268815
>not watching the tarkovsky version

i get that this is /lit/ and not a film board but please don't be this much of a pleb
>>
>>8268874
>from a human point of view

yes i read all my stories from the point of view of a frog

the western canon gets 0 stars from me but the wind in the willows was some good shit
>>
>>8268881
>tarkovsky

film school pseud shit
>>
>>8268881

It clearly says a novel by Stanislaw Lem.
>>
>>8268881
That's a book.

>>8268782
It's not my favorite Lem, he has the tendency to turn his novels into thinly veiled essays at some point and it's very apparent here. The whole contact as a religion discussion really appealed to me though and it can be genuinely spooky at points. Made me crave a Silent Hill type horror game based on it.
Still better than most of the American science fiction canon for sure.

I can't tell you which translation you should read because mine was German.
>>
>>8268885

some science-fiction writers are literally robots, so i needed to clarify. STEM folk don't always have souls
>>
>>8268782

Only read the EBook updated translation version. I have no idea where you can get a pdf from.

Don't read any paper back english editions they are all garbage.
>>
>>8268952

What is your favourite Lem then?
>>
>>8269004
The Invincible and Star Diaries for serious and humorous respectively. I haven't read all of his books though.
>>
>>8268888
You have no idea.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.