[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out with a new novel in January. It's randomly 880
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: auster.jpg (19 KB, 323x255) Image search: [Google]
auster.jpg
19 KB, 323x255
Coming out with a new novel in January.

It's randomly 880 pages wtf.
>>
Sounds based

Finally he writes something to compete with The New York Trilogy.
>>
Never read anything by Auster. I've heard a good amount about the New York Trilogy. Seems like fun. Is it the place to start? Is he worth reading? If so, all of his stuff, some of it? Give me the low-down.

Thanks for your help.
>>
>>8268279
You don't need to be careful about where you start with Auster, he's easy to read, jump in wherever. I recommend Invisible.

He's like Murakami for me, his books aren't amazing or deep, but I like him anyway.
>>
>>8268301
Actually haven't read any of his stuff either (have Kafka sitting on my shelf). That's the impression I got of it, though.

Would you consider him literary at least? I know it's a loaded word. Better than most of the random crap out there?
>>
Ohshitohshitohshit
Any updates on possible Mr. Vertigo movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwamV1fbYQk
>>
>>8268301
You actually do, because his later stuff can be mediocre or complete shit.

>>8268279
The New York Trilogy is good. You could also start with The Invention of Solitude.
>>
I started with the Brooklyn Follies
Don't read it, it's pretty mediocre and cringeworthy
>>
>>8268629
>>8269208
Thanks to both of you. Gonna start with the NYT tonight or tomorrow
>>
HYPED
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.