[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of the creators of GoT wrote his master's thesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: db-weiss.jpg (16 KB, 300x409) Image search: [Google]
db-weiss.jpg
16 KB, 300x409
>one of the creators of GoT wrote his master's thesis on Finnegans Wake

how does this make /lit/ feel?
>>
retards on /lit/ do that everyday
>>
>>8267096
a master's?
>>
>I would have liked to transfer this dissertation to HyperCard, and hand it in on disk - but Mr. John Nash was intelligent enough to counsel against this, and I was intelligent enough to heed his warnings. To compensate for the paper presentation of what was originally intended as a hypertextual document, I have included an admittedly incomplete network of cross-references within the text itself. Wherever the reader sees a bracketed number and letter (i.e. -- {38V}), he/she/it has the option to ignore it and keep reading, or to go to the chapter and paragraph indicated in the brackets.

>Ignoring all of the bracketed 'links' will result in a straightforward, linear reading. Following all of them will result in an endless reading experience, one involving unbearable redundancy. I hope that most people will choose something in-between.

lmao
>>
>>8267096
I'm not surprised given how poor the writing is in the show.
>>
>João Paulo Coutinho Guimarães wrote his master's thesis on Safe as Milk and Trout Mask Replica

>>
>>8267096
Like a bad poussey
>>
>Cormac McCarthy wrote his master's thesis on Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre

>>
>>8267705
>Final Fantasy Tactics
McCarthy has good taste.
>>
>>8267096
>The sole creator of GoT is a fat fuck who can't finish what he starts.

How does this make /lit/ feel?
>>
>Gass admires writing by ear, rather than preformative lit
>thought he'd fare well with this technique
>spent 26 years writing The Tunnel cause he's a sperg
>secretly wishes he could be Pynchon for just one day
>comesnaturally.jpeg

How does this make /lit/ feel?
>>
File: obama_annoy.png (73 KB, 231x172) Image search: [Google]
obama_annoy.png
73 KB, 231x172
>2010's
>Writing your thesis on Joyce
could you be more of a pseud
>>
James Joyce wrote his master's thesis on Dorohedoro
>>
I wrote my master's thesis on my diary
>>
I wrote my master's thesis on my master's thesis
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>getting a master's in english
>>
Can someone find it an link it?
>>
>>8267096
Aren't his novels actually better than Martin's?
>>
>>8268903

No, they are not.
>>
>>8267192
>implying they aren't just smart people making a mint by shoveling shit to tv viewers
>>
>>8267243
I'd love to read that, especially the Safe as Milk one.
>>
>>8268949
Even turboplebs hated the entire Dorne plot.
>>
>>8267243
Who?
>>
>>8267096
He was probably very lazy. Finnegan's Wake is the only book so abstruse you can actually make people believe you read it even when you didn''t.

1. My Life, DESU, personal experience, I have done this
2. Finnegans Wake Wikipedia Page
3. Finnegans Wake, random selections, thunderwords etc...
>>
>>8269117
Everyone is just trying to be nice anon. You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>8269144
Well they were nice enough to let me ace my first year literary criticism course.
>>
>>8268983
https://estudogeral.sib.uc.pt/jspui/bitstream/10316/19203/1/Safe%20as%20Milk.pdf
>>
>>8268451
>he created one of the most successful tv shows of our time, but alas, if only he got a STEM degree...
>>
(((D.B. Weiss)))
>>Feminist drivel, muh girl power.
>>Doesn't understand what a cavalry's purpose is in a battle.
>>cucks gon cuck
>>
>>8270422

like when those horses just smash into each other? are they not supposed to do that?
>>
File: 1323471718041.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
1323471718041.gif
1 MB, 296x160
Makes me feel like pic related
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.