[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stoner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 166997.jpg (20 KB, 296x475) Image search: [Google]
166997.jpg
20 KB, 296x475
So I'm reading pic related, and am only 15 pages in, but he says this:

"Sometimes he stood in the center of the quad, looking at the five huge columns in front of Jesse Hall that thrust upward into the night out of the cool grass; he had learned that these columns were the remains of the original main building of the University, destroyed many years ago by fire. Grayish silver in the moonlight, bare and pure, they seemed to him to represent the way of life he had embraced, as a temple represents a god."

So I'm just wondering why these columns represent that for him, and whether it's completely narcissistic to think himself comparable to a god...?
>>
>>8266508
THEY REPRESENT THE WAY OF LIFE CAN YOU NOT PARSE A SENTENCE YOU FUCKING ESL MONG
GTFO
>>
>>8266508
The columns represent academia and the university. He's not the god, learning is.
>>
Truly the greatest martyr parable.

Stoner died for our sins lads.
>>
>>8266508
>it's completely narcissistic to think himself comparable to a god...?
jesus christ
>>
Sure is southern hemisphere winter in here today.
>>
File: 1422663376788.jpg (16 KB, 281x350) Image search: [Google]
1422663376788.jpg
16 KB, 281x350
>>8266508
>>
>>8266508
right, when does he smoke a bowl?
>>
>>8266508
You should re-read the quote and feel bad for what you've done.
>>
>only 15 pages in

Read a little longer before posting next time, m8. See if you can wait till you finish the whole book next time! It's tough I know. What I do is write down my thoughts and questions on a private notepad and when I finish I think about everything and decide what is actually worth discussing. Sometimes nothing at all!
>>
>>8266508
stoner is the least narcissistic character
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.