[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here sometimes regret becoming /lit/? It's a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: willink.jpg (119 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
willink.jpg
119 KB, 800x556
Does anyone here sometimes regret becoming /lit/? It's a bit disheartening when you realize that 98% of all books are pretty shit. Every book I get recommended by friends or family is terrible. I'm kind of jealous that they can get so much enjoyment out of it and have such a wide range of books to choose from.
>>
You're not even /lit/.

There, I just made you feel worse.
>>
>>8265985
fpbp
>>
98% is seriously lowballing it.
>>
>>8265989
>>8265985
These.

Honestly there is a wealth of good literature.

One could spend a lifetime on a single author.
>>
>have such a wide range of books to choose from.

I dislike most of the books on the bestseller lists but I still manage to read 100 books per year, with a to-read list that has now grown to >1000 books, a list that outgrows my reading speed. I think you need to grow up.
>>
Lol maybe if instead of being a drone and developing a taste of your own, you'd find more quality reads
>>
OP don't let them dissuade you! I think you are looking for reasons to feel superior, and I can understand that feeling. But it is compromising your own emotional health, and you don't even realise that... If you want to read for the sake of feeling better to other people, you won't ever enjoy it, or maybe you will lose such a feeling once you delve into philosophy at all. But yes, right now you have dug yourself a psychological pit, but realise you can easily research good books and get most of them for as little as free, if you don't mind digital versions!
>>
>>8266015
/thread

The fuck are you doing OP?
>>
>>8265981
sure only 2% is to your liking, that's how it is. stop taking recommendations from people who like shit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.