[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Truths that /lit/ refuse to accept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (3 KB, 106x144) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
3 KB, 106x144
You don't need to read the Greeks to understand Nietzsche or Stirner, which are the only philosophers you need.
>>
“I know my fate. One day my name will be associated with the memory of something tremendous — a crisis without equal on earth, the most profound collision of conscience, a decision that was conjured up against everything that had been believed, demanded, hallowed so far. I am no man, I am dynamite.”
>>
>>8264975
>he didn't even understand who the guy with the lamp was
kek
>>
>>8264979
Implying I need to read Plato to know the Cave allegory
>>
>>8264975
Of course you do. Just because you wish to justify your own haphazard juvenile reading of Nietzsche to yourself doesn't mean others have to follow the same pseud path
>>
File: download (5).jpg (4 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
4 KB, 197x255
yes it will be great when we have everyone acting like they are in their own Spy vs. Spy comic strip. You are probably the same people who think Sam Harris is doing a public service by going around telling people they have no free will (the truth of that matter notwithstanding).
>>
>>8264975
if you don't have some understanding of Plato there's like no point in trying to read Nietzsche, OP is an idiot.

on the off chance this isn't bait of course.
>>
>>8265054
can you move straight from Plato to nietzsche or do you need Schopenhauer first? what about Hegel and Kant?
>>
>>8265060
you should have some understanding of Western ethics and moral philosophy more than anything I think.
>>
>>8265054

Given /lit/ I wouldn't really put it past a Stirnerbot to believe something like this.
>>
>>8265060
Plato to Nietzsche is okay, but make sure you at least wiki Descartes, Hume and Kant in between.
>>
>>8265060
Unless you're interested in Nietzsche's critique of those philosophers. most of philosophy before Nietzsche and after Plato is just retarded people arguing about what we can know before experiencing the world.
>>
>>8265010
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK damn son i don't even care if you're trolling
>>
>>8264975
you need to read Hegel to understand Stirner
>>
Nietzsche y need voltaire, pre socratics, rousseau, schopenhauer, plato.
>>
>>8265102

No.
>>
>you dont need to understand the Greeks to understand Nietzsche
How can people actually think this?
Did he not write the Birth of Tragedy?
>>
>>8265102
>most of philosophy before Nietzsche and after Plato is just retarded people arguing about what we can know before experiencing the world
Have you ever read philosophy?
>>
>>8264975
You don't 'need' any philosophers. I read for fun, anon, not out of a necessity.
>>
>>8265060
Just read Hegel and Kant because theyre great for their own sake.
Why read philosophy in a vacuum?
>>
>>8264975
Might as well just read the wikipedia page for Camus so you know not to read philosophy at all.
>>
File: black nietzsche.jpg (291 KB, 1200x1190) Image search: [Google]
black nietzsche.jpg
291 KB, 1200x1190
>>8264978
>>
Please. Nietzsche was consumed with the Abyss staring at him. The Abyss and I get together every Monday night for shade room and cards.
>>
>>8264975
If by Nietzsche and Stirner you mean Marx and Engels, maybe.
>>
Well, sure, you're probably right enough. Reading the Greeks just makes it easier to understand any western philosophers.

I was the kind of idiot who first skipped the Greeks and a lot of other essential philosophers, I started with dialectical materialism though, not Nietzsche, but I got to him at some point.

Surely enough I could understand Nietzsche when I got to him - to some degree - but it took a lot more work, reading not only Nietzsche but a lot about Nietzsche as well. It was slow and incomplete reading, and not in a good way.

When I finally decided that philosophy won't only be for fun but also my career, well, I obviously started reading the essentials and attending classes. Momentarily, everything got a lot easier than it used to be. Shit makes a lot more sense when you don't just pick a random philosopher and read their works.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.