[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy Birthday, Alice Munro! /lit/, what's your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: alice-munro.jpg (436 KB, 1114x997) Image search: [Google]
alice-munro.jpg
436 KB, 1114x997
Happy Birthday, Alice Munro!

/lit/, what's your favorite Alice Munro story?
>>
>>8264629
I'm a Leaf and despite how much they push her as the only Nobel Prize in Literature winner this country has produced, I've never heard of anyone who read her works or even cares.
>>
Deep-Holes
>>
She's written a lot of stories, so she might have one worth reading.
>>
>>8264635
All of the used bookstores I visited in Toronto were packed with her stuff.
>>
>>8264629
Munro rocks, but she has so many good short stories I couldn't single one out offhand. Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You is a great collection. I have a dozen of her books.
>>
>>8264629
To Reach Japan and Pride are really good.
>>
Tell Me Yes Or No

"I persistently imagine you dead. You told me you loved me years ago. Years ago. And I said that I too was in love with you then. An exaggeration."
>>
>>8265896
If I had to pick one of her collections, that's the one I'd go with.
>>
>>8264629
The one where the 2 guys pick up the 2 girls at the drugstore and they go for a drive and fug.
>>
The Life You Save May Be Your Own
>>
Where do I begin?
>>
>>8267158
Anywhere.

It's fiction, not Hegel.
>>
>>8267158
Buy her selected stories collections: Family Furnishings and A Wilderness Station
>>
File: 039295.jpg (68 KB, 621x500) Image search: [Google]
039295.jpg
68 KB, 621x500
>>8267235
Seconded. Although I found a box set (The Alice Munro Collection) in Chapters one day for $14, and it had five collections in it, mostly books I didn't have. Fantastic deal.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.