[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would a Dystopian Utopia and Utopian Dystopia settings look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
How would a Dystopian Utopia and Utopian Dystopia settings look like?
>>
Those words are antonyms.
>>
>>8263375
Dystopian Utopia is the Utopia gone wrong, Utopian Dystopia is the Dystopia gone wrong/right (I guess this depends on your perspective desu).
>>
>>8263466

>he can't into dialectics
>>
Every utopia is a dystopia
>>
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png (5 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
5 KB, 1280x800
>>
>>8263375
For me, a dystopian utopia would be the scenario that gives a futurists a hard on, full robotic automation, where all people live a life of pure recreation. Utopia only on the surface, I imagine society would collapse very quickly without any sort of drive. A utopic dystopia would be what followed a total collapse, the end of large scale society with a retreat to an enlightened and high tech nomadic life.
>>
What is wet dryness like compared to dry wetness?
>>
>>8263588
What is sweet sourness compared to sour sweetness?
>>8263485
Sweden is an excellent example of dystopian utopia desu senpai.
>>
>>8263626
Sweet and sour are not biologically exclusive.
>>
>>8263636
Neither is dystopia and utopia if you think about it.

You can argue that perfection is inachievable, so an utopia would be a "perfect" society with the ugly bits hidden deep behind a facade and no one wants to talk about them. A dystopian utopia.
>>
>>8263375
Dystopian Utopia = meant to be a utopia but ends up a dystopia like communism

Utopian Dystopia = a society beset by problems which it has managed to overcome, typically in an orthodox manner, an example might be a slum in a cyberpunk utopia which has developed a borderline anarchist society where everyone can find a place, work, community, authentic literature and music and happiness unlike the corporate dominated world above
>>
>>8263375
>Dystopian Utopia and Utopian Dystopia

That's basically Brave New World and Island right there. Huxley hit it from both angles.
>>
we can have easily perfect life, just too many plebs around, to remove the plebs is the ultimate way
>>
>>8263375

I hate seeing this pic i get what it is supposed to represent but nothings wrong with wanted to protect someones legacy with the help of security, it only goes to show just how important the person is. Otherwise you leave it open and unlocked all day long with free admission and watch it get turned into a hobo shack.
>>
>>8263771
>tfw the ending of Island hits you harder than the ending of BNW
I didn't see it coming and I should have. Motherfuckers
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.