[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single novel that does timetravel right? I have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ss.jpg (68 KB, 959x714) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
68 KB, 959x714
Is there a single novel that does timetravel right?

I have a friend who believes that one of the reason videogames are an artistic medium is because it is the first medium that told a good time-travel story, and was successful in doing so because of the interactive nature of the story. Is he right?
>>
>>8263358
depends on what you mean by "doing timetravel right"
>>
>>8263388
Timetravel tales that aren't inconsistent, paradoxical, and also shit.
>>
I agree, Undertale is the first story to do time travel right.
>>
>>8263407
..Undertale isn't about time travel, though? I still respect Undertale by itself because I can't tell if the writer is a talentless hack or a genius, because I can't tell if the point of "Killing everyone and being a Pacifist is equally terrible" was intentional or unintentional. Everyone missed it anyway.
>>
>>8263413
The main character literally goes back in time when they die.

How is being a pacifist as bad as killing everyone? Just curious.
>>
>>8263425
Because many "good" characters are written to be terrible unlikable people who ride off the coat tails of your pacifism, such as Alphys and Toriel, and many tragic characters end up continuously suffering with their problems unfixed, such as Sans and Flowey. In Genocide, however, those who deserve to die end up dying, and those who suffer are put out of their misery. The only difference between the endings is that the good+suffering and evil+thriving either leaving the cave.. or leaving the cave.

In the neutral endings, where your decisions are less extreme, the world they live in actually changes.
>>
>>8263440
btw I'm still learning english, sorry if my post is shit it didn't sound right.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.