[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After rereading Oedipus the King it finally dawned on me that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Giroust_Oedipus_at_Colonus.jpg (805 KB, 2000x1656) Image search: [Google]
Giroust_Oedipus_at_Colonus.jpg
805 KB, 2000x1656
After rereading Oedipus the King it finally dawned on me that there might not be free will. I'm so psyched to continue working my way up the canon. I can't wait to get to Dosto and re-read C&P. It went over my head on the first read, and I thought Ralashnikov was testing law.
>>
>>8262434
>Ralashnikov
kek
have fun reading anon
>>
Now read the Anti-Oedipus to understand how psychology actually works.
>>
Many of the Greek stories had this element. For example, it was prophesied to Priam that his son Paris would cause the destruction of Troy. He was abandoned as a child like Oedipus, but later returned to Troy and... I guess you know the rest. It was a common idea in Greece, a part of their mentality. It's not really the focal point of the play.
>>
>>8262513
Yeah, for some reason it finally clicked while I started on Sophocles though. It could be the supplemental introductions I read, discussing free will.
>>
Wait until you read post Boethian lit and fortune is involved in everything. If you get a chance read the Canterbury Tales and you'll see how interesting the yopic of free will can be.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.