[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother reading this after seeing the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: clockworkfinal.jpg (370 KB, 1622x1500) Image search: [Google]
clockworkfinal.jpg
370 KB, 1622x1500
Should I bother reading this after seeing the movie?
>>
No. Read Beds in the East or The End of the World News then Earthly Powers.
>>
yes, the experience is different because you have to absorb the narrative through the heavy slang
also different ending
>>
Yes. The slang is much more prominent in the book and makes for an overall more memorable experience and lasting story. Also they cut the final chapter of the book from the movie so even if you decide not to read the whole thing, at least read that chapter.
>>
>>8261035
>tfw you're Russian and understand all the slang
>>
yes, you understand the movie more thoroughly by reading the book and the nadsat slang is more easier to comprehend. this is a retarded question
>>
I strongly suggest you reading the book since the story continues one or two caps after the end of the movie.
Also there were changes in the movie.
Like when in the movie he pics up 2 women and fuck them, in the book they are 2 twelve years old who alex drugs in order to perform sexual acts.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.