[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will reading Aurelius make me a better person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1459444042375.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459444042375.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Will reading Aurelius make me a better person?
>>
No. Read Evola, Guenon, and Spengler.
>>
The Art of Worldly Wisdom
>>
>>8260693
It will make you more well-read on Aurelius, and possibly Stoicism if you haven't read much about it previously.
>>
>>8260696
>Muh feelings
>>
Reading philosophy of all kinds makes you a superior human being.

If you have read a philosophy once in your life and understood it, you are leagues above a pleb.

Most people are plebs, having never read a book, and can't even fathom why you'd want to. They see books as a relic from their school days, where they felt school was equally as pointless as reading. They look forward to getting out into the world and engaging in fun, or watching red vs. blue on the telescreen.

These people will never know the joys of the mind, the depths of intellect, the fruits which can be hoarded from the written word. They are inferior creatures, locked up in their personal prisons of frivolity and pointless amusement. Probably the only real thing they experience is when someone named Chad in their social circle dies in a drunk driving accident caused by him, and they reminisce over how cool and heroic he was when he fucked 3 girls in one night (2 at once).
>>
>>8261447
lol nerd
>>
>>8261447
RIP Chad, may the Lord have mercy on his soul.
>>
yes, if you're so stupid that you haven't even considered stoicism

I think it's a vastly inferior philosophy to Christianity, but it's much simpler and easier to understand, and it's better than having no philosophy at all
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.