[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Siddhartha. What does /lit/ think of Siddhartha?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 422x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 422x640
Just finished Siddhartha. What does /lit/ think of Siddhartha? Also what editions of it do you prefer? What was your favorite part of the book?
The scene at the end between Govinda and Siddhartha was very powerful to me. Despite Siddhartha claiming that wisdom isn't communicable, he sure does attempt to drop some wisdom bombs that really provoke one to wonder
>>
>>8260532
not enough gay sex for all that gay tension. Govinda should have sucked the poo in loo out of Siddhartha's turgid prick.
>>
Probably one of Hesse's more overrated works. Read steppenwolfe and demian
>>
>>8261353
I fail to see how this is valid criticism against the work itself.
>>
>>8261364
It's not. I'm not its bad, I quite liked it. I'm just saying it was one of Hesse's lesser works. As for criticism I have nothing to say really other than it give a very westernized and watered down version of eastern philosophy.
>>
>>8261379
*I'm not saying its bad
>>
File: ll.jpg (68 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
68 KB, 630x400
>>8260532
I enjoyed the critique of organized religion and the problems associated with the practice of teaching. I was charmed by the idea that a simple ferryman could reach the same inner peace and enlightenment that Gautama could. As for what he says in his conversation with Govinda, the Truth that he tries to convey doesn't seem, on the surface of it, to make much sense and I suppose that's why he was so befuddled and speaks to Siddhartha's point. Amazon promised the penguin edition was good so that's what I bought and I liked the simple poetical prose, it really flowed nicely. The constant descriptions of nature helped to emphasize the fact that Siddhartha was trying to find the essence of the world through the world.

all in all I award it a 9/10
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.