[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I read the bible? What do I learn from it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: King-James-Bible.jpg (198 KB, 1240x1595) Image search: [Google]
King-James-Bible.jpg
198 KB, 1240x1595
How do I read the bible? What do I learn from it?
>>
All that I have learnt so far is that blind submission to forces larger than you brings peace and fulfillment
>>
>>8260249
Gospels(Matt, Mark, Luke, John)
Revelations
Genesis
Exodus
Ecclesiastes
Proverbs
Job

Explore from there.
you'll learn what you have a mind to learn.
>>
>>8260249
Reading the 4 Gospels + The Gospel of Thomas + analysis and prayer + meditation for at least ten minutes will help a great deal.

Application of the teachings in the Bible is more important than choosing which church you should go to.

>>8260267
A person who can see is not blind

Blind submission is following others before you have found yourself, whether they be church leaders or preachers. God is within the heart of all being
>>
>>8260249
you don't. just read the passages cited by the other writers.
>>
>>8260249
Treat it as any other work of philosophy; every religion is just the bastardization of their philosophical system. Also, try and start with the oldest, so you'll have a better grasp with the following.
>>
>>8260268
how about just New T then Old T for someone who wants to read it all?
>>
>>8260466
I wouldn't recommend reading them in order and I wouldn't read NT before OT.
You'll burn out very quickly.
>>
File: harrypotter.png (812 KB, 1240x1595) Image search: [Google]
harrypotter.png
812 KB, 1240x1595
Start here, my son
>>
>>8260249
(Don't) start with the Greeks.
>>
>>8260249
I started last week, reading on/off.
So far I've learned 2 things.
1. If a guy has a qt sister it's probably his wife and you better not flirt with her
2. Spreading seed=life's mission
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.