[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished reading this. Any other books with a cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Just finished reading this.

Any other books with a cyberpunk thematic worth a read?
>>
you should read A Scanner Darkly. (Also by Dick.) its an amazing book.
>>
Neuromancer.

Sadly there aren't that many cyberpunk books worth reading.
>>
Burroughs' Nova Trilogy was an important precursor to the cyberpunk scene
>>
>>8260057

What about the other Sprawl books?
>>
>>8259978
Snow Crash, after you're done with Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't the cyberpunk trademark thematic neon lights and industrial look in a not so far future start with Ridley Scott's adaptation of do androids dream of electric sheep? I don't remember the author ever describing the aesthetic in the book.
>>
>>8261398
PK Dick was not really cyberpunk. He was one of the first of the sci-fi New Wave of the late 60s-early 70s, which included Harlan Ellison, Robert Silverberg, Roger Zelazney, Norman Spinrad, et al.
"Cyberpunk" was a term coined to describe , mostly, William Gibson and Bruce Sterling's work in the 80s.
Ridley Scott was using the aesthetics of '4Os noir movies and extrapolating it into an imagined future. His look on Blade Runber has retroactively been lumped into the cyberpunk category.
>>
>>8260579
Both Sprawl and Bridge are quite decent.
>>
Transmetropolitan
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.