[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (443 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
443 KB, 940x626
> "You had a life. There were moments when you had a life. Yes, you don't remember it very well; but photographs prove it. This was probably during your adolescence, or a little after. How your appetite for life was big! Existence looked rich with possibility...

> Even more surprising, you had a childhood. Observe a child of 7, playing with his little soldiers on the carpet of the living room. Since the divorce, there is no father. He sees his mother infrequently, who occupies an important position in a cosmetics firm.

> Yet he plays with little soldiers, and the interest he has in his representations of the world and of war seem very real. He lacks a bit of affection already, it's sure, but how he looks interested in the world!

> You, too, were once interested in the world. It was long ago; I ask you to remember. The domain of order no longer satisfied you; you could no longer live in the domain of order, and you had to enter into the domain of the struggle. I ask you to go back to that precise moment. It was long ago, yes?

> Remember it: the water was cold, Now, you're far from the shore, oh yes! For a long time you believed in the existence of another shore, that is no longer the case. You continue to swim, however, and each movement brings you closer to drowning. You choke, your lungs burn. The water seems more and more cold and more and more bitter. You are no longer young. You will die now.

> But it's nothing. I am here. I won't let you fall. Continue your reading.

> Remember again, one more time, your entrance into the domain of the struggle.
>>
>>8258414
where is this from? Houellebecq?
>>
>>8258438
Probably "Extension du domaine de la lutte".
>>
just a fancy summary of blink-182's 'dammit' desu
>>
>>8258452
good for you
>>
>>8258452
yeah my girlfriend takes me home when I'm too drunk to drive and she doesn't get all jealous when I hang out with the guys. she laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does. she brings me Mexican food from Sombrero just because
>>
>>8258438
His novel, "Whatever"
recommend if you like Michel
>>
>>8259946
That's Josie.

>>8258414
I suspect houellebecqs angst stems from the declining quality of pretentious French pussy
>>
>>8258414
I don't think he's describing me because I just don't feel that way.
>>
Atomised was pretty good

>tfw you'll never be the popular young French boy, well hung and plowing literally every female in your tent at the retreat

47. I mean come on leave some for the rest of us
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.