[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books on banking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I want some books on the monetary system, its history, its current status and its influence in western society.

I want books that provide names of the people involved, books that explain the financial instruments used, how the system can be used and has been used.

I want the literature to be not only popular reads (although I'd appreciate this as well i.e The creature from jekyll island) but also technical books, perhaps from academic circles or close to it.
>>
File: images.jpg (121 KB, 716x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
121 KB, 716x1080
This is important to understand why the world works out now as it does --> The Synagogue Of Satan Updated, Expanded, And Uncensored - Andrew Carrington Hitchcock

Modernising Money: Why Our Monetary System is Broken and How it Can be Fixed - Andrew Jackson, Ben Dyson

Where Does Money Come From? - Josh Ryan-Collins, Tony Greenham, Richard Werner, Andrew Jackson

Pic related and The Public Bank Solution: From Austerity to Prosperity from the same author.

The Mystery of Banking - Murray N. Rothbard
>>
Good good, what about contemporary events such as Ghadaffi (eqypt), Hussein (Iraq) and Russia.

I'd be interested in how the financial market swept through Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
>>
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - John Perkins

The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - John perkins

The Secret History of the American Empire: The Truth About Economic Hit Men, Jackals, and How to Change the World - John Perkins

Killing the Host: How Financial Parasites and Debt Bondage Destroy the Global Economy - Michael Hudson

How Much Are You Making on the War, Daddy?: A Quick and Dirty Guide to War Profiteering in the Bush Administration - William D. Hartung

Prophets of War: Lockheed Martin and the Making of the Military-Industrial Complex - William D. Hartung

Addicted to War: Why the U.S. Can't Kick Militarism

The Green Book - Muammar Gaddafi
^for context

Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics - Henry Hazlitt
^basic information about economics
>>
Are you one of those in current power, and want a list of books to ban?
>>
you might like Ezra Pound, a lot the Cantos are about this, with Confucius and John Adams thrown in (he loved those guys)
>>
>>8258372
No, I'm one of the good guys.

>>8258524
Not sure, will look into it.

I'm missing a handful of books or articles explaining financial instruments e.g derivatives etc. Preferably with mathematics & statistics involved.

I need some auto-/biographies where the people involved have gained, rigged or used the financial system.

I need some author's who come from or has been in academic institutions, think tanks or the like (for authoritative sourcing).

Thanks so far, keep posting.
>>
check out Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen
>>
If you want to really understand how modern banking works look into Modern Monetary Theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory

These are some classics chartalist works on money:
http://socserv2.mcmaster.ca/~econ/ugcm/3ll3/knapp/StateTheoryMoney.pdf
https://www.community-exchange.org/docs/The%20Credit%20Theoriy%20of%20Money.htm
https://www.community-exchange.org/docs/what%20is%20money.htm

>>8258276
>>8258369
ignore this conspiracytard tier theory shit
>>
>>8258675
Ignore this bluepill tier shit, and think fresh. And think of the possibilities.
>>
>>8258680
You confuse advocacy with empirical description. Half those authors you posted don't even have a basic level of understanding of how the real world monetary/banking system today functions (especially pure charlatans like Murray Rothbard). Modern Monetary Theory is the only school of thought today that's actually trying to empirically understand how the real world works.
>>
You can't understand how it is without working within the system.
>>
>>8258254
Bogleheads has a really good reading list. Even if you are an index fund hater (I am starting to see property as more viable) its hard to ignore it

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Books:_recommendations_and_reviews

Also All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis by Bethany McLean is a great albeit cynical take on modern banking.
>>
>>8258661
I'm well versed with IQ and the Wealth of Nations and the evolutionary biology that surrounds it, but these author's do not deal with the theory of banking or how the monetary system works - they are evolutionary biologists.

>>8258675
I think this is more in line of what I'm looking for.

>>8258707
This looks good.

I do miss the mathematics (looking briefly into the books that's been mentioned) in the literature though.

Keep em coming
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/mathematical-economics
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.