[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“Philosophizing is simply one way of being afraid, a cowardly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Louis-Ferdinand-Céline.jpg (40 KB, 540x327) Image search: [Google]
Louis-Ferdinand-Céline.jpg
40 KB, 540x327
>“Philosophizing is simply one way of being afraid, a cowardly pretense that doesn't get you anywhere.”
Was he right?
>>
philosophizing is about ignoring fear and trusting words one reads in books instead. It's like a solitary version of socializing to be honest.
>>
>>8257478
Not a single thing shared between good philosophy and what you just said

>>8257426
There's a way of doing philosophy which is only rationalizing and doesn't confront to the fear of thinking. But this isn't the interesting one
>>
Philosophy of the academics? Probably. Not that there weren't good academic philosophers, but if history forgot them it wouldn't forget much.

Philosophers who are actually sticking their nose out? Risking grave loss to say what the masses don't want to hear? You might argue they are foolish--but not cowardly.
>>
Philosophy doesn't intend to, or need to "get anywhere". It is an intrinsic need for humans to expand boundaries, not live within them, and this expanding of boundaries is the least cowardly pursuit of all.
>>
it's what humans do when they can't swordfight or pillage villages. thats why people play videogames, to go back to the era when life was fun
>>
>>8257541

Is that why Africa has never produced any valuable philosophy? Because they can still fight with machetes, loot, rape and pillage?
>>
>>8257562
That and shitty economics. For some reason however african rapist pillagers dont give me th same pleasure as crazy vikings or what have you romanticized killers
>>
>>8257733
>muh ethnocentricism
>>
god you people are all faggots. showcasing sour grapes and dunning kruger are all you apes are good for.
>>
>>8257733
I dunno, the "I make oven on" guy is pretty romantic in his own way.
>>
>>8257745
>le are all faggots. showcasi
same
>>
File: Max-Stirner-Quotes-3.jpg (18 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Max-Stirner-Quotes-3.jpg
18 KB, 300x169
Going places is for those who don't like where they are. Wanting to be fearless is for those who don't know what keeps them alive and what kills them.
>>
>>8257426
It depends on how one applies it. Some use it to justify their neuroses, and others to become better and more valuable individuals.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.