[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever read some philosophican stuff, that blew your brain apart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: arthur_schopenhauer_33.jpg (170 KB, 1344x1344) Image search: [Google]
arthur_schopenhauer_33.jpg
170 KB, 1344x1344
Ever read some philosophican stuff, that blew your brain apart?
>>
File: kurt cobain.jpg (65 KB, 438x453) Image search: [Google]
kurt cobain.jpg
65 KB, 438x453
>>8256373
yes, ebola (wtf lmao) and stirner (lol spooks) and neatche (so edgy)
>>
File: hegel.jpg (181 KB, 452x572) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
181 KB, 452x572
>>8256373
>>
>>8256381
Stop trying to force this lame ass Nirvana guy into memedom and go the fuck back to /mu/. You guys don't even shitpost right.
>>
>>8256373
>What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.

Blew my mind, changed my life.
>>
>>8256509
>blah blah blah
>live every day like it's your last
>blah blah blah
>>
>>8256624
You can't call a cliche's origin cliche.
>>
>>8256509
eternal recurrence is silly. If I don't remember my shitty life with every reiteration of it, then how do I experience it more than once?
>>
>>8256373

Reading Kant, and actually understanding him, was one long experience in which my brain was blown apart.
>>
nope.
everytime i've "discovered" something new in philosophy it was just something i had already felt and some german guy just wrote it in a cool way.
>>
>>8256880
>Neechee came up with the idea of carpe diem
t. average /lit/ poster
>>
>>8256892

Is this really your understanding of it?
>>
File: summa_pic1.jpg (499 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
summa_pic1.jpg
499 KB, 1024x768
Spinoza, Schopenhauer, and Wittgenstein really blew my mind and are my favourite.

Which philosophers overheated my brain and popped my eyes with the density of his writing?
>Aquinas: What level of density are you on?
>Kant: idk like 3 or 4 maybe
>Aquinas: Your like a baby, watch this
>>
>>8256924

>why must I be human?
>why couldn't I just be a stone or a fish?
>>
>>8256937
Well not if its analogical but if its actually supposed to be accepted as a metaphysical cnsideration then yes, absolutely. If only because of the latter deconstruction its hard to take the former seriously at all.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.