[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
László Krasznahorkai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Has anyone here read anything by him? Is it worth reading?
>>
he's my favorite author
>>
>>8256208

how is War and War?
>>
>>8256199
I might pick up one of his books.
in original language
because I can
>>
Sátántangó and Melancholy of Resistance are both very good.

I've also read The World Goes On by him, which was okay. It also had the most realistic description of being blackout drunk I've ever read in any book.
>>
>>8256225

which one are you gonna pick up you austro-hungarian
>>
>>8256233
The one I come across the first.
>>
for those who have read both, would you recommend starting with Melancholy of Resistance or War and War?
>>
>>8256199
Yes if you enjoy sentences that never fucking end
>>
File: slavoj-zizek1.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek1.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
he and his name are like alternate reality zizek
>>
>>8256199
I've read Seiobo There Below and it was great, would recommend definitely
>>
File: lazzy.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
lazzy.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
>>8256199
buh look at this dude
>>
>>8256324

looks like the most brilliant mind of contemporary literature
>>
On the topic of slav literature, how's Milorad Pavić?
>>
he's really fucking good
of what i've read (in english)
>war & war > satantango > seiobo there below > the melancholy of resistance
but actually it's all really good. he's one of those guys who has such a unique instantly identifiable voice that is preserved throughout his maturing style, and is genuinely compelling and worth reading in everything he touches (that i've read so far (in translation))
>>
>>8256199
>Has anyone here read anything by him?
Yes
>Is it worth reading?
No
polite sage
>>
>>8256199
Found out about him through Tarr, read Sátántangó, fucking loved it. Still think the film is superior tho
>>
>>8256395
really melancholy that low?

Haven't read any of his books yet but I always assumed it would be melancholy >= satantango > war & war > seiobo
>>
>>8256387
Dictionary of the Khazars is an interesting but difficult read. It consists entirely of encyclopedia entries that themselves tell an overarching story, which even upon finishing the book, I don't think I completely grasped.
>>
>>8256371
he looks like a Bond villain, so does Zizek
>>
>>8256225
bojler eladó
>>
>>8257310
With my albeit shitty command of Serbian quite a lot of his stuff doesn't always translate so well. Or isn't translated so well.
>>
>>8258194
The translation of 'Khazars' is atrocious. I haven't read it in Serbian, but I refuse to believe that Pavic's prose generated such a dry and stilted effect in its native tongue. The same goes for Ivo Andric's Bridge on the Drina, which most consider to be the work that got him the Nobel. After fifty-something pages, I dropped it because I could feel that some fundamental aspect of the book's magic was lost in translation, and I wasn't prepared to waste even more of my time on this unskilled imitation. Eventually I'll come back to it in Serbian, probably with the aid of a dictionary.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.