[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coffee aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: rain, books and coffee.jpg (49 KB, 736x488) Image search: [Google]
rain, books and coffee.jpg
49 KB, 736x488
What books are really comfy and mention coffee a lot? I kind of have a "thing" for books like that. On the Road readily comes to mind. What else?
>>
fix your roof, it's raining in
>>
I had a smile because I thought you were talking about the Chekhov story.

You weren't, were you?
>>
This is a coffee table book with legs so it can become a table, I assume thats what you meant
>>
>>8255709
>I kind of have a "thing" for books like that.
"Reaction: "Why though?""
>>
>>8255796
If you tell me the name of the story I will gladly read it.

>CAPTCHA: select all images with coffee
it's a sign
>>
>>8255806
That was a great episode.
>>
>>8255867
"On the Road"
>>
File: 1465729896477.jpg (78 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1465729896477.jpg
78 KB, 480x640
>coffee hipsters
>implying this isn't the most lame of beverage cults

Nothing wrong with the stuff itself, but hanging out in cafés that present themselves as institutions of hip bohemian intellectualism is the surest method of meeting presumptive pseuds there is. See the twirly-mustachio'd and quirkily tattoed nu-male. See his vacant eyed and egotistical female counterpart. See the phonily-furled brow and the conspicuous book jacket.

So just shut your fucking mouth and drink your coffee.
>>
>>8255963
Fuck me, this shit is straight out of American Psycho.
>>
>>8255796
m8 in what world does On The Road reference Chekhov? Not that I think Kerouac is better than Chekhov.
>>
>>8255970

The pic or the post?
>>
I read The Magus and The Magic Mountain one after the other and they both featured turkish coffee. I've never had turkish coffee though. It's shit, isn't it?
Magic Mountain is comfy though, in an I've-accepted-death kind of way.
>>
>>8255974
You've misunderstood me.

On the Road is a short story by Chekhov
>>
>>8255986
I understood that my man
>>
>>8255980

I'm this guy, just to indicate that I'm not interested in using coffee for any purpose other than drinking it.>>8255963

It's pretty good tbqh, my grandpa (we're not Turkish btw) bought a little metal saucer and a bag of the coffee off Amazon for a pretty reasonable price if I remember correctly. You can make it at home in two or three steps in under 10 minutes. Its texture and aroma is quite pleasing and it's mesmerizing to watch it on the stove. You'd probably get more satisfying results doing this than from a thousand dollar espresso machine.
>>
A moveable feast by Hemmingway
>>
>>8255994
Then why ask how Kerouac's work references Chekhov?

I thought OP was talking about C.'s work.
>>
>>8255963
This is only true if one is primarily there to look like a pseudo-bohemian intellectual hipster. Really, cafes just have nicer seating than most libraries and are less distracting than home tends to be (unless you live alone) so they're an obvious spot to write or work at regardless of who else is there.
>>
>>8256000
Thanks, sounds good, I was thinking of getting a small set for it but was worried I wasn't going to like it.
>>
>>8256013
It doesn't, Kerouac's On The Road is the seminal text of the beat generation and if you were american you'd never connect it to Chekhov.
>>
>>8256028
Okay lmao
>>
>tfw when addict to coffee.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.