[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/, I come desperately seeking your help. I have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: terrible drawing sorry.png (61 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
terrible drawing sorry.png
61 KB, 960x540
Hello /lit/, I come desperately seeking your help. I have been scouring book stores near and far from me for over a month now looking for a book I read in 2005/2006, I believe it was new at that time, and cannot remember the title of. Before I go into the description, I would like to offer a $20 paypal reward for the title of the book OR I will buy two copies of it and send you one so you can see for yourself why I have been searching! So, attached to this post is a crude paint image, you're probably wondering what it is. This is what the world depicted in the book was like, it was split into three plateaus. The story starts on the second (middle), this is where the normal citizens live, the farms are located, etc. The boy in the story lives on this plateau. He wishes to see the top of their world, where the wealthy/privileged live, where the farms send their food to. He makes a quite risqué climb to see the top, somehow the story progresses to him falling down to the third plateau and I believe breaking his leg. (Sorry for the crappy plot description, it has been a lot of years) On the final plateau it is basically uninhabited except for scary things and he has to survive off of a strange gelatin like substance he attains from killing the monster-type animals there. I wish I could remember more. Thanks for reading my post any and all help is appreciated, even pointing me to another forum.
>>
sorry bro i don't know, but try r eddit. shit site obviously but they have an autistic boner for detective missions like this
>>
>>8255689
Ty I will repost there. Still monitoring this post for any others who may know
>>
>>8255689
where should I post on reddit? I've never used the site before
>>
>>8255720
dont know really, sorry. like some book subreddit or something.
r/books, if there is such a thing
>>
>>8255720
r/tipofmytongue
>>
>>8255658
https://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Plateaus-Capitalism-Schizophrenia/dp/0816614024
>>
>>8255736
i will try there
>>8255732
rules say they will ban anyone looking for a book title there. how retarded right?
>>8255738
not it
>>
Reminds me a lot of the Seventh Tower series from Garth Nix, desu
>>
>>8255753
i wish that was it, but it was a single book not a series
>>
Do you remember any quotes from it? even descriptors for words?
>>
>>8255786
nada. the only thing i remembered is the weird gelatin they ate but i cant remember what they called it.
>>
reddit found it. its called The House of Power. thanks for your help though guys
>>
>>8256143
Thanks, I knew I had read it after reading your description but couldn't quite place exactly what it was.
>>
>>8256143
glad the reddit tip worked out
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.