[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books that go into themes of being a NEET or social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: big book.jpg (74 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
big book.jpg
74 KB, 533x800
What are some books that go into themes of being a NEET or social anxiety or just dropping out of society in general. I havent read many books in my life, maybe 5 or 6 so its ok if its entry level. Just read welcome to the NHK and it was pretty realistic and really enjoyed it.
>>
>it was so realistic!
put up a mirror in your room!
>>
>>8255540
No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai
>>
>>8255545
I believe i said "pretty realistic" and i only meant the in the portrail of social anxiety and depression
>>
>>8255548
Thanks anon. It looks pretty good. Ill read download it
>>
Being NEET isn't too much of an issue if you can afford it. Hamlet is NEET. So is Romeo. And Julia. I suggest you read Das Kapital. Then you get to books which feature sloth or dalliance as something damnable in those who CAN afford it, or fantasy literature which presents it as something acceptable in those who cannot.
>>
>>8255556
The extreme lack of knowledge in this post triggers me

>implying a 13-year old Juliet can be a NEET
>implying someone in line for the throne (Hamlet) has an identical position to a contemporary adult with no income nor training
>implying a non-fiction treatise on the role of labor in manufactures has anything to do with NEET

reee
>>
>>8255566
>implying someone in line for the throne (Hamlet) has an identical position to a contemporary adult with no income nor training
He's 30 and lives with his parents. And instead of studying in Wittemberg (he is STILL a student) he mopes around Elsinore and creeps everyone out (first and foremost Ophelia, to whom he sends terrible poetry). He is Not in Education, Employment or Training. Of course he's NEET. Or where is "income" or "food" in that acronym?
>>
>>8255566
>the role of labor in manufactures
It's not about sweetrolls either, but nice try. Anyone who thinks he is dropping out of "society" has got to form some idea about what this society thing and Marx is the very best entry drug for this kind of thinking that you can get.
>>
>>8255576
>>And instead of studying in Wittemberg (he is STILL a student) he mopes around Elsinore and creeps everyone out (first and foremost Ophelia, to whom he sends terrible poetry).
These things have nothing to do with a modern NEET

>He's 30 and lives with his parents
So did all of aristocracy?

>He's not in employment
Being part of the court *is* employment
>>
>>8255583
For a proper argument you need a thesis, an antithesis and a synthesis. If you consider making your neighbor's daughter and your mom cry an employment you are a noble at your mother's court.
>So did all of aristocracy?
Well, Fortinbras instead goes getting Norwegians and Poles over a useless patch of land. I am sure that his mother is more proud than Gertrude. That said, yea, you got it right. All of our aristocrats don't need no education, employment or training. You problem then is not some abstract sloth but having been born into the working class, being a prole. There, the best reading for NEETs:
https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/ch10.htm
>>
>>8255611
>getting Norwegians and Poles over
*killed
>>
Oblomov
>>
>>8255671
He's a noble. Our OP doesn't acknowledge them as the very model of modern day NEET he found depicted so well in NHK.
>>
Crime and Punishment.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.