[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What works have complete "acid trip" endings? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What works have complete "acid trip" endings? What works do it well?
>>
>>8254945
DUDE
>>
>>8254949
TRIPPIN
>>
Finnegans Wake, it even mentions LSD at one point
>>
Republic

>>8254955

Having read the first two pages of Finnegans Wake, and having done acid once, I feel like it accurately replicates what it must be like to try reading a regular novel while on acid (a completely futile exercise, for my feeble mind at least).

Dubliners, Portrait & Ulysses are all amazing though.
>>
Gravity's Rainbow.

>>8254949
>>8254951
Useful. Thanks.
>>
ubik
>>
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test has some convincing portrayals of acid headspace throughout. It's a semi-historical description of how LSD got out of the hospitals and into the "mainstream" too.
>>
David Ohle's Motorman.
>>
>>8254945
The obvious answer is Ulysses. I have a dream of writing a novel that ends in a similar way, with a stream-of-consciousness rant from a character who had been incidental up until that point. We'll see if I ever get around to it.
>>
>>8255532
I tried writing a short story from the perspective of a girl I used to like, and I thought I was stylistically modelling it on Portnoys Complaint and Carpenters Gothic with a little bit of Sorrentino's Imaginative Qualities, but 10 pages in I started feeling like it was a crappy imitation of Penelope.
>>
>>8254945
who is this semen demon?
>>
Steppenwolf does it really well
>>
>>8255672
Re-L Mayer
>>
>>8254955
Finnegans Wake was published 1939; LSD was synthesized in 1938. I haven't read it personally, but I kinda doubt Joyce had the opportunity to try LSD and change the book he'd been working on since 1922 to reflect that experience.
>>8255744
Best answer ITT.
>>
>>8255744
I agree.
Steppenwolf was one of the first non-fantasy/history books i read years ago and i did not see that ending coming.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.