[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days is the best book in the DOAWK series. Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: god.jpg (91 KB, 318x466) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
91 KB, 318x466
Dog Days is the best book in the DOAWK series. Prove me wrong

>protip: you cant
>>
>>8254470
>Unironically thinking Cabin Fever isn't the best
Kys
>>
>>8254470
None shall surpass the first isntallment of the series, as it was, thus, the pinnacle of Kinney's prose and themes: crude humour, cheesy scat, homoeroticism, and so on permeated every line and in between them, creating, methinks, one of the few literature oriented texts to match the transcendent and synesthesic eeriness captured in The Waves; which is now rendered unworthy of note, as The Diary of a Wimpy Kid takes it's deserved throne as the most enigmatical and experimental piece of prose ever written.

Ever.
>>
>>8254517
Call this thread the water in Rio, because there is a lot of shit here
>>
The rape chapter was kinda dark
>>
>>8255286
Fuck. Don't remind me.
That beastiality murder-rape scene is among one of the most disturbing pieces of fiction that I've ever read.
>>
>>8254470
I saw an adult woman (+25 yo) reading that in train 2 days ago.

Doesn't people fell shame anymore?
>>
I'm a big fan of Rodrick Rules, the symbolism in his relationship with his older brother is just too powerful.
>>
>/lit/ - Literature
>>
I loved the first one, the way it guided us through the journey of Greggory and his friendship with Rowley. The way they broke up and got back together was truly beautiful.
>>
>>8254470
>protip: you cant

You're correct. I actually, genuinely can't do this as it stands.
>>
>>8254470
>protip: you can't
But Rodrick Rules exists
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 186x271
>>8254470
>As the door shut on his second year of middle school, his final entry was: Dear Diary, I am truly a wimpy kid.

>.>
>>
>>8257192

Is this the one the second movie was based on? Because that was the best of hte trilogy
>>
>>8254470
The rape scene at the end of the book truly captivated his madness, and but it was a choker when reading that chapter on beastiality in the middle of the book
>>
>>8257303
yeah. If I had to rank them It'd go 2>3=1
>>
>>8257308
this
>>
File: latest.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
You're all wrong.
>>
>>8257700
>Jeff Kinney gets credit for publishing an empty book
>>
>>8257700
The world's not ready.
>>
>Greg is also noted for having many attractions to girls throughout the series, most notably a girl named Holly Hills. His schemes usually fails in the hope of attracting a girl. One famous notable example is The Third Wheel, where Greg attempts to use Rowley as a wingman to get himself a date for the upcoming Valentine's Day dance. He succeeds in obtaining the chance to take a girl named Abigail Brown to the dance, but Rowley, who tags along as a third wheel, proves to be a better date than Greg at the dance. This ultimately leads to Rowley and Abigail becoming a couple, setting the stage for Hard Luck.
>>
>>8257741
Nah those color pages were gold senpai. The fart police bro
>>
>>8256064
Shouldn't you be at summer school while we discuss our big guns? Fuck off
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 627x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 627x1050
>>
Rodrick Rules rules!
>>
>>8254470
Is this series still going?
>>
>>8258200
yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_a_Wimpy_Kid:_Double_Down
>>
>>8258211
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down is the eleventh book
>eleventh book
Am I older than I think I am or are they churning three books a year?
>>
Faggots
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.