[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this guy? i've liked "my struggle"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Karl-Ove-Knausgaard.jpg (252 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Karl-Ove-Knausgaard.jpg
252 KB, 600x900
thoughts on this guy?

i've liked "my struggle" so far -- easy, fun, addictive. is proust actually like this at all?
>>
stylistically no but kind of re theme.
>>
>>8254225
somewhat, but much, much better
>>
Not really. Proust is more interesting, less trite. Karl Ove writes like an 18 year old. He's the definition of a pseud.
>>
I can see the connection between him and Proust in content/approach, but it's ludicrous to call Knausgaard the Norwegian Proust
>>
>>8254255
Fucking this. He's just an attention-whoring faggot with an overblown reputation.
>>
>>8254225
a fucking hack. it's a joke that he's compared to proust.

plenty of authors have pulled off the same sort of shit he does. he just has shock tactics on his side
>>
yes, they are both overrated shit with a few splashed of brilliance
>>
>>8254225
I'm like 50 pages into min kamp 1 and I like it. I guess I'll just have to read the entire book and then read In Search of Lost Time to actually compare them both. lmao
>>8254240
>>8254255
>>8254261
>>8254515
>>8254677
there is no way that all of these guys have read all of my struggle and all of ISOLT lmao, make your mind up for yourself OP
>>
>>8254801
I've read 3 volumes of My Struggle and Swanns Way as well. Not everybody is a degenerate non-reader like you
>>
>>8254677
What's some other knausgårdesque writers?
>>
>h-h-how dare they compare him to m-muh classics!

He is called the Norwegian Proust because he tackles the same theme in a similar way, you autists. No one thinks he's literary as good as Proust.

You have no idea how nicknames work, apparently.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.