[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Tao Lin book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What is your favorite Tao Lin book?
>>
>>8253396
Only because he didn't write it.
>>
go to bed tao
>>
Asian male here, what does /r/asianmasculinity think of Tao Lin?
>>
>>8253396
If the meme is true and this is indeed Tao himself I'd like to address him directly.

I've read Shoplifting from American Apparel and Taipei. I found SfAA promising but inadequate, so I gave your writing a second chance with the more fleshed out Taipei.

Listen, I enjoyed it to an extent, it reminds me of the way I used to write. When I though my blitzed out acid diaries were interesting and indicative of modernity. Difference between you and I is my writing has grown up but you've been published already. Fair enough, you're an excellent writer just with awful material. Vidal once said writers have to be more willing to invent and fabricate and exhaust their imagination on the page rather than bore us with the daily events that they set down.
>>
>>8254241
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>8254474
Yeah, the post went straight into the trash the moment he called Shoplifting from American apparel "promising".
>>
>>8254241
plath yourself
>>
taipei, but only in the original taiwanese
>>
What's the deal with Tao on this board?
>>
>>8256459
Tao Lin has used /lit/ to promote his work, has frequented the board as a regular poster, has used 4chan to ask people for drugs, and even references 4chan in Taipei.
>>
you are a little bit happier than i am.
>>
so Tao Lin is the best /lit/ has to offer?

Not surprising. I knew you guys fucking blew at writing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.