[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audiobooks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1467870798291.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1467870798291.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
I'm trying to read more, and I was wondering what you guys think of audiobooks. Are they good? If so, where do I find them for free or cheap? Also, any audiobook recommendations?
>>
>>8252263
>I want to read more
>give me something to listen to
>>
>>8252263
I've got a recommendation: how to be a pleb by pleb narrated by pleb
>>
>>8252263
Audio books are good as long as you are not reading highly technical literature. Librivox provides them for free.
>>
>>8252263
I'm a fan. I spend a lot of time on the computer and a good audiobook lets me rest my eyes. I've not listened to any really serious ones, mostly just light entertainment. It's great when you get a narrator who has the skill and puts in the effort for voice work for the various characters.

I've come across some really bad stuff read by seemingly random people they pulled out of the production staff, but other times found them to be more like full audio dramas with multiple voice actors and background noise rather than just one person reading.

So a very mixed bag with wildly varying quality but I think it's a perfectly enjoyable form of entertainment and is a nice alternative to music when you're doing something long and monotonous task and want something to listen to.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.