[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the true crime genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 313x475
How do you feel about the true crime genre?
>>
>>8251814
There are some gems, but they are few and far between.

Bugliosi has several really decent ones.
>>
>>8251814
Loved the genre when I was younger but there's a fair amount of shit. There's a reason Zodiac is praised so highly and I feel that out of all of the true crime books I read, I got an eerie feeling with how good Graysmith detailed San Francisco and the general atmosphere at the time.

One of my other favorites is The Night Stalker by Philip Carlo. I blasted through that entire book in a week or two - probably the fastest I've ever read 600+ pages in my life.

Is pic related any good? I know the basis of it but not sure if it /lit/erature.
>>
>>8252427
I think it's pretty good. The concurrent plot about the World's Fair architect really elevates it. It takes a wider view to try and paint and picture of the time and the place rather than just focusing on the grisly details of the crime. Doesn't feel voyeuristic like some novels in the genre.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.