[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every book I pick up to read seems vapid and cliche, the characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 12783019283.gif (49 KB, 291x435) Image search: [Google]
12783019283.gif
49 KB, 291x435
Every book I pick up to read seems vapid and cliche, the characters unrelatable and unfleshed, the plot uninteresting and predictable

I... I can't enjoy reading anymore /lit/...

Am I becoming a literary critic?
>>
No, most of those like reading and have good taste. Neither of those things are your problem.
>>
>>8250869
What books specifically have you had this problem with recently?
>>
>>8250869
i feel you, OP. I am also worried about my ability to enjoy reading.

And life in general, to be honest.

What the fuck am I become
>>
>>8250869
read better books, you insufferable faggot
gtfo
>>
>>8251358
just do something different anon. listen to music or go outside and play some sports
>>
File: 1467536444902.jpg (22 KB, 461x621) Image search: [Google]
1467536444902.jpg
22 KB, 461x621
>>8250869

>i am shit at finding the right books and i blame literature for this

homework harder bruv
>>
Stop reading shit books and stop reading for the plot and "relatable" characters. You sound like a pleb from Goodreads who realized that he doesn't really enjoy his shitty genre fiction.
>>
>>8250869

>the characters unrelatable

Pleb who doesn't know that he's a pleb confirmed.
>>
>>8250869
>Characters
>Plot

Dude who cares lmao, readings all about the P R O S E
>>
>>8250869
>cliche
Theres only like six or seven different plots for any work of fiction. Things will be repeated. Things will be the same.

>>8251512
>>8251531
These guys get it.
>>
>>8250869
>relatable
OP, the inability to relate to certain (most) characters is a large part of what makes stories following them interesting. Using words like "unrelatable" and "unrealistic" to critique certain characters is unhelpful when discussing well-written works of fiction. Looking for inconsistency within the narrative might be a better way to judge the quality of a work's characters.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.