[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been experiencing a bout of anhedonia for the past week >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1378876846020.jpg (86 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1378876846020.jpg
86 KB, 500x625
>been experiencing a bout of anhedonia for the past week
>can't find the motivation to read or do anything else i normally find pleasurable
>can barely even tolerate browsing the web and shitposting all day

i don't know wtf to do, /lit/. i've always been prone to these feelings, but typically they won't last longer than a day or two. this has been a week and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. what do you do when reading & other activities no longer bring you pleasure and you feel a pervasive numbness throughout your system?
>>
Seek help, you're depressed.
>>
>been experiencing a bout of anhedonia for the past ten years
>>
>>8250166
i don't even feel that bad or sad though, certainly not like i did a few years ago. just incapable of enjoying things as deeply as i once did and chronically bored.
>>
>>8250178
Maturation? Try finding new interests, see if that spruces you up.
>>
>>8250178

That's the literal definition of depression, Anon. I'm with that other guy, try to find a therapist.
>>
Could be low dopamine caused by overstimulation.
>>
>>8250158
eat raw onions

take cold showers
>>
>>8250166
>depression meme

What if I told you there are basically no effective treatments for serious depression. besides, you know, falling ass-backwards into a better life?
>>
>>8250185
what would you recommend?

>>8250193
well at least i don't feel suicidal anymore. to be honest i'll probably never seek a therapist, at least not until i reach the absolute bottom. too ashamed to admit my issues to anyone other than myself and anonymous internet strangers, ever since i was a child and was diagnosed with adhd.
>>
>>8250223
pretty much every word of that applies to me too.
exercise/lifting honestly helps
>>
>>8250223
Anything, really. I had similar bout when I was younger. The key is to do things that your normal self would cringe at. Take dancing for example. You're out dancing or whatever... look across the room, picture yourself slacked against the wall, making a face and thinking how humiliating. Kill this guy. No, seriously, kill him. Dance harder and more obscenely. Have more fun and be extra loud. You need to crush this insecurity. Trust me, you'll come out a better person, and you'll be legit proud of yourself for facing up to your self-loathing.
>>
>>8250243
i exercise every day and lift as well. it improved my mood immensely when i first started, but now it's merely part of my routine.

>>8250249
thanks for the advice. i'd like to try something new but idk what. don't know that dancing appeals to me but there's probably something.
>>
>>8250158
Have you tried not creating off topic shitthreads?
>>
>>8250286
yeah but no one responds to them
>>
>>8250158
That's Ozu, right? which one?
>>
>>8250300
tokyo story
>>
>>8250158
Get pissed off and keep reading. Giving depression and laziness a flashy name doesn't change what they are or make them any more special snowflake.
>>
stop snorting coke or if you haven't been snorting coke, snort coke
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.