[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A few months ago I saw someone on here mention picking chapters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
A few months ago I saw someone on here mention picking chapters of War & Peace at random and reading them. I thought it sounded interesting so I got a copy from my library and instead started going part by part.

I just finished it last night. I read Part IV, then II, III, V, I, VI, and VII, and it was one of the best, most rewarding reading experiences I've ever had in my life. I didn't expect to read the whole thing, I was mostly just curious, but getting to Part I and jumping back to their youths in 1805 made me cry more than a book has in a year or two.

I'm not sure I can see this working with a lot of books, and having such concretely defined 'Parts' to pick from definitely helped a lot, but have y'all ever done anything similar?

I can see it maybe being more applicable in genre fiction, or maybe even something that makes rereading anything more engaging.

I'm thinking of returning to Faulkner's A Fable again and doing the same to reread it bc it was the only ner text I read in that period that I felt very unsure about what I got out of it, if anything.

Pic kinda related; I haven't paid much attention to the discussion I've seen of the show, but is this dude playing Pierre? I'm definitely down with that.
>>
oh shit just saw the file name when it posted, tis Pierre
>>
Wow just imagine if you read them in order!
>>
>>8249004
I usually/always do, but I'm very glad I didn't for this one.

I'll probably read a much more recent translation soon since this one was really old and I like translation and translation theory, and I'll definitely read it in order then
>>
I believe Ballard said that this is the best way to read the Atrocity Exhibition.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.