[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate them? Is it because they're popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 103910a.jpg (79 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
103910a.jpg
79 KB, 700x532
Why do you guys hate them?

Is it because they're popular now?

I remember when the first season was just about to air, so many people here were saying how good it was and that I should read the book and watch it?
>>
no one hates them
>>
>>8248659
why do I see people cussing them everytime theyre mentioned then?
>>
>>8248657
Book 1, 2 and 3 are good. I can't read book 4 and 5, too much plot, not focused enough.
GRRM has set up so much things that aren't related in anyway to each other, and compared to the 1st three books, every plot had repercution on another plot, even Daenerys who was a sea across the other characters
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 480x744) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 480x744
Gets way too convoluted as the books progress.
Germ is completely overthinking things and will probably never finish the series, the TV adaptation is poor too.
If George does finish the books the only way to adapt it well will be a cartoon or anime of it since there's way too much stuff for any reasonable budget to convey and 10 episodes a season is not enough.
>>
>>8248657

They're overlong and poorly written.

Back then we just didn't care about them because it was just another dumb fantasy series. Now when we get this shit shoved in our faces all the time, we have to say something.
>>
>>8248766
This is basically it. It really does boil down to disliking the series due to its popularity; because it's popular, you get a lot more people proclaiming it as the pinnacle of dark fantasy, which it just isn't. It's dry, nonsensical, and arbitrary. If you like them, that's fine. I like a lot of trashy novels, too. It's the people who pretend that they're something more that get a lot of people's panties twisted.
>>
>>8248951
>pinnacle of dark fantasy, which it just isn't

What's better?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.