[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post your most memorable karl ove moments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: karlove.png (936 KB, 782x549) Image search: [Google]
karlove.png
936 KB, 782x549
ITT: post your most memorable karl ove moments
>>
Where he said his wife was as hot as a stove. Yaya dude, I get she was warm, I get she was pregnant. If you learn anything from Hemmmingway, it should be not to use a simile like that. Obvious and overused. If you need to say your wife was warm and tell us how pregnant she is for the fiftieth time, be either interesting or clean.
>>
>>8248193
Repeatedly premature ejaculation in My Struggle 4 was hilarious.
>>
sauce to pic related?
>>
>>8248258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyBz_MwRJA
>>
>>8248206
cant really fault him personally for that right? he didnt write the translation
>>
Is he becoming a new meme on /lit/?
>>
>>8248193

Is that from when he realized selling out everyone you know and love for the myth of literary success totally isn't worth it? Or is it from when he realized he's just a meme fad who sold out for controversy and that he won't be remembered or is nowhere near on par with the all-time greats? Or is it from when he realized he's just a writer picked from a meme of the month country because he's barely better than all the shit writing that has ever come out of that meme country?
>>
>>8248262
appreciate ya
>>
>>8248206
>hemingway
>even once
>listen to hemingways stylistic guidance
ok kiddd
>>
>>8248262
what was he talking about when he was crying? wish there were english subtitles.
>>
>>8248325
he was talking about how he had to go further and further with his writing for it to be true. I think it was in relation to how he wrote about his wife and her depression
>>
>>8248325
His wife's sickness and writing about it completely honestly.
>>
"The resistance to starting a book by Houellebecq is too great. I'm not entirely sure where it comes from, though i do have a suspicion, because the same thing goes for the films of Lars von Trier: when "Antichrist" came out I couldn't bring myself to see it, neither in the cinema nor at home on the DVD I eventually bought, which remains in its box unwatched. They're simply too good. What prevents me from reading Houellebecq and watching von Trier is a kind of envy - not that i begrudge them success, but by reading the books and watching the films i would be reminded of how excellent a work of art can be, and of how far beneath that level my own work is." - Karl the pleb
>>
>>8248290
>shit writing
>norway

Fight me irl fagtron!
>>
>>8248428
>Karl the pleb
That doesn't sound like a Marx quote.
>>
>>8248290
>meme country
Hamsun and Ibsen disagrees
>>
>>8248428

>I've never read/watched it but it's excellent...

No wonder this guy is such a fucking meme here. Also, intellectuals in a nutshell.
>>
>>8248524
at least he is honest about it
>>
>>8248535
THIS
>>
>>8248428
von trier is great director
>>
is Knausgård considered New Sincerity?
>>
>>8248524
He's obviously saying that their previous work was great.
>>
>>8248711
sure, kid, why not.
>>
Stop.
>>
>>8248780

Right, because once an artist makes a great work, all of their works and everything they will ever do will be great so what's the point in reading/watching the rest of it because it is automatically great and any other opinion is irrelevant.

Got it.
>>
>>8248637
meh. He is all right, no more
>>
File: thanks remnick.png (28 KB, 655x195) Image search: [Google]
thanks remnick.png
28 KB, 655x195
>be the New Yorker
>publish shit reviews that can be summed up as "Knausgaard and Ferrante are so different because Karl's novels take place in Norway, and Elenas take place in Italy."

Ever since Bill Shawn got canned The New Yorker has been shit and this is an ultimate proof of it.
>>
>>8248845

>New York

has been shit since the 80's. Anyone taking the advice of anyone from or living or working in that city is the dumbest thing you can do (I'm talking about the so-called "intellectual establishment"). They're so out of touch with reality, if Kafka were alive he'd say, "wew lads, let's come back to earth a bit, eh?"
>>
>>8248822
Jesus how fucking dense can you be? He's saying he's afraid to read/watch them because he knows what they can be capable of, and to experience that humbling inadequacy again would be too much for him. It's an immature notion, but clearly one that you can't wrap your sperg head around
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.