[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished The Stranger, and i really enjoyed it. What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
I just finished The Stranger, and i really enjoyed it. What do you guys think of this book?
>>
File: 1400926297269.png (353 KB, 302x299) Image search: [Google]
1400926297269.png
353 KB, 302x299
>>8248029
>he enjoyed the stranger

HAHHAHAHAAHHAAHA

Shouldn't you be in school kid?
>>
the most overrated legitimate work of literature i've ever read

it's like catcher in the rye for college students
>>
>>8248037
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>8248056
Disliking Camus is a meme.
>>
>>8248040
Why can't you look at it from your own perspective and not from where you think others think about it? Who cares what others think of a book? And it's not even what other think of the book on a specific level, it's what you think the masses think of it which is just a trash thought to put into your mind.
>>
>>8248040
This is the kind of thinking that I've never understood. Why do people care if something is overrated? If you disliked the book, explain why. Don't just say you didn't like it just because lots of other people did like it.
>>
>>8248095
>>8248132

This is the kind of thinking I've never understood. Why do people think saying something is overrated means you disliked it because it's popular. If you disliked the book and it's popular and won a Nobel, then you think it's overrated. Don't just say someone isn't using their own perspective because you liked it.

retards
>>
>>8248144
The only criticism you had of the book is that it's overrated, which is kind of weak because it's an opinion based off of the opinions of other people.
>>
File: aclc.jpg (31 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
aclc.jpg
31 KB, 500x706
currently reading it
>>
>>8248167
Something being overrated isn't a criticism, it's simply the fact of an opinion when one thinks something is worse than the general consensus leads it to be perceived.
>>
It's okay.
>>
>>8248218
You're right anon. Sorry.
>>
>>8248218
That's true but it leaves me no more informed than saying you dislike something does. Why not say why you dislike it which would make the conversation a constructive one.
>>
File: 1466205446863.jpg (223 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1466205446863.jpg
223 KB, 640x637
>>8248184
who are the best authors that translate books to spanish?
>>
>>8248578
I don't know
that's an italian version btw
>>
I was underwhelmed.
>>
People will say the prose was shit because they couldn't understand the point of the book. They'll also say only children read it because muh purity of classics.

Haven't even looked at thread replies
>>
>>8248029

It was alright, I did not get what the whole fuss was about, but it
>really made me think...
Also made me question whether it is an unintended autism check tied to the fact of whether you liked the main character or not.
>>
I enjoyed it too. I read The Idiot right after and there was a story in Part 1 that Myshkin told and it reminded me of The Stranger a lot. Kind of glad I read them in that order.
>>
File: Albert-Camus.jpg (202 KB, 1381x874) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus.jpg
202 KB, 1381x874
albert camus is daddy
>>
>>8248029
It's a wonderful book to think back on while getting that chilling feeling that comes with accepting your impermanence. It's an essential read in existential philosophy.
>>
really makes you think...
>>
I like The Fall better
>>
>>8250160
I like The Plague more than either of the two
>>
>>8250160
I've read the fall, the stranger, the plague the myth of Sisyphus and the rebel.

I would have liked the rebel and myth of Sisyphus a lot more if I was well read and had previous experience with all the philosophers Camus picks apart

That being said the Fall is definitely Camus' best work in my book. I hope to read it a few more times in my life. It explained the "no excuses" angle to existentialism very clearly. Helped me confront the existential responsibility I harbor as a human being.
Also I loved the real life backstory to The Just Judges I spent just as much time reading the story behind that painting as I did on the Fall ha
>>
>>8248029
It's a nice change of pace from more dense books. Camoo is ok if you want a relatively short read that isn't the deepest thing ever but isn't entirely vapid.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 697x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 697x869
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up boulder* my name is albert but u can call me t3h d0N ju4N!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very absurd!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet absurd ppl like me ^_^... im 46 years old (im dead 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 kill arabs w/ my girlfriends (im unfaithful if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite absurd action!!! bcuz the sun is SOOOO hot!!!! jean-paul is absurd 2 of course but i want 2 meet more absurd ppl =) like they say we must imagine sisyphus happy!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

EXISTENCE BEFORE ESSENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein absurd again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

plague and revolvers,

* ~t3h d0N ju4N~*
>>
>>8251494
I just finished Myth of Sisyphus and Stranger and this made me kek hard. Really nobody finds this funny? Really love this copy pasta thing and this one worked so well
>>
>>8251494

kek
>>
File: 1447821810859.jpg (93 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447821810859.jpg
93 KB, 600x800
Autistic fedora FAGtheist nonsense. The Bible is all you need.

Pic related: Typical FAGtheist 'literature' reader.
>>
>>8251494
best bantz
>>
What else should I read if I like the stranger?
>>
>>8253101
Either any other work of Camus or Nausea by Sartre, Kafka's books?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.