[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/int/ literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: argentina.jpg (136 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
argentina.jpg
136 KB, 1000x665
Post the best respective authors from your country and discuss their best work.

Others prove themselves to be plebs and starts asking who, or what country.

I'll start with easy one
>>
>>8247464
I'm from Ireland famalam there's no point
>>
File: Finland.jpg (15 KB, 220x268) Image search: [Google]
Finland.jpg
15 KB, 220x268
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 220x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 220x202
>>8248628
True
>>
August Strindberg.
He should appeal to the average 4channer with his nihilism, cynicism, in and out of madness, extreme hate-love relationship with women and general edginess. He's a true Edgelord.
>"The woman, small and stupid and thus cruel, man's appendage and annoying tag-alone shall be humbled as the barbarian or thief. She is only needed as our ovaries and uterus, at its best, however, as a vagina!"
Note however he isn't r9k. He actually loved women intensely - especially strong-willed and smart women, but he couldn't deal with rejection very well.

His novels are good but his plays are something extra. Miss Julie or The Father are good starting points.
>>
Herman Melville
>>
>>8248644
I love Two Birds and The Third Policeman. Where do I go from here? Does anything else live up to those two?
>>
File: machadoassis.jpg (10 KB, 129x173) Image search: [Google]
machadoassis.jpg
10 KB, 129x173
Machado de Assis was a fucking genius. Read his later novels if you enjoy high quality pessimistic and ironic books.
>>
>>8247464
Machado de Assis
>Machado de Assis was included on American literary critic Harold Bloom's list of the greatest 100 geniuses of literature, alongside writers such as Dante, Shakespeare and Cervantes.

Guimarães Rosa
>His best-known work is the novel Grande Sertão: Veredas (translated as The Devil to Pay in the Backlands), a revolutionary text for its archaic and colloquial prose, rooted in the spoken language of the Brazilian backlands, and profound philosophical themes and ponderings. Some consider this to be the Brazilian equivalent of Ulysses.
>>
>>8247464
But Gombrowicz isn't from Argentina senpai
>>
File: kosztolanyi.jpg (171 KB, 800x1177) Image search: [Google]
kosztolanyi.jpg
171 KB, 800x1177
>>8247464
Kosztolányi Dezső
>>
>>8247464
Malcolm Lowry I'd say
>>
>>8247464
Rem Koolhaas is not from Argentina
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.