[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Aesthetics? What should I read? Recommend some books.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Aesthetics-1.png (56 KB, 608x205) Image search: [Google]
Aesthetics-1.png
56 KB, 608x205
How do I into Aesthetics?
What should I read? Recommend some books.
>>
Start with improving your grammar.

Grammar is the baseline to literary aesthetics.
>>
1.partake or expose yourself to art
2.form an opinion about it that isn't stupid
3.explain that opinion with an air of self importance and flowery language
4.you are an aestheticist
>>
>>8246773
>telling him to lie about his opinions, if necessary

typical.
>>
>>8246736
First you must learn perfect grammar and how to create flowery prose.

Then you must condense your prose into the most basic and sharp form cutting away all and any fat making SHARP AND CLEAN prose.

You are now aesthetic.
>>
>>8246736
find the images you'd associate with a god worthy of worship
seek them out or create them
>>
File: 1461667201514.gif (75 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1461667201514.gif
75 KB, 640x400
>>8246736
You have to start reading PC98 visual novels.
>>
>>8246784
>aesthetics are geometrical and overall mathematical
>>
>>8246788
rather pedestrian
>>
>>8246795
no you
>>
>>8246736

Aesthetics, or /\ £ S T |-| E T ¥ C $ in the perennial tongue, is the philosophical study of beauty. Since the root of philosophy involves the very human word "love", and since love and beauty are naturally related categories, then it makes sense that from a literary point of view, you should read books and engage in activities which entail love and beauty. After all, if one does not make some effort to live by a given philosophy, then there is no point in having it - the philosophy's purpose would be defeated in that case.

Simply use your local computer to seek out literary texts which deal with the philosophical study of beauty. You may wish to purchase a copy of a book having to do with beauty, and it is suggested that you read the book in the most beautiful place available to you. Perhaps you have access to a bench in a museum where you could comfortably sit and read the book for an hour or three, occasionally glancing at the beautiful items in the museum. Or, you may wish to immure yourself in the modern bright zig-zag colors of a local shopping mall. If these are unavailable, then you should definitely try reading outside somewhere, when the weather is nice. Compare notes on what you're reading, versus the world you're actually living in.

Consider forming your own opinions on beauty, and espousing them to others. These might take take the form of a blog, or an essay, or a song. Try your best to create something which you yourself believe to be beautiful on some level.

Authority is also a form of beauty. Consider drinking an Arizona Iced Tea, which comes in a very large can, to connote authority about yourself, as you perhaps read Plato in the shopping mall's food court. Be prepared to politely engage any anons who come up to you and wish to rap about Plato.
>>
>>8246736
wabi-sabi for artists designers poets & philosophers by Leonard Koren. He has some other good books as well. Good question but shit tier thread unfortunately.
>>
>>8246815
this all seemed to make sense up until the last paragraph.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.