[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do authors enjoy the company of cats more than dogs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: PAR164712.jpg (69 KB, 944x652) Image search: [Google]
PAR164712.jpg
69 KB, 944x652
why do authors enjoy the company of cats more than dogs?
>>
Because cats rule and dogs drool!
>>
because cats are feminine and dogs are masculine
>>
>>8245632
because pussy
>>
only pussy they can get
>>
>>8245846
>t. Slavoj 'Sniffman' Shitshek
>>
Cats are considered deep--why? Because there's no bottom to them. Cats are not even shallow.
>>
cat's can legitimacy teleport into other dimensions. It's why the Egyptians considered them sacred because they would bring secrets from other worlds back with them. I have no doubt a cat whispered a few stories to hemmingway about life in other worlds. They are a source of inspiration.
>>
>>8245865
i hear voices too sometimes
>>
because dogs are too needy and writers have nothing to give
>>
>>8245632
because dogs are fucking stupid
>>
File: thinkin' 'bout dolphins.gif (2 MB, 387x213) Image search: [Google]
thinkin' 'bout dolphins.gif
2 MB, 387x213
>>8245865
>turn back head
>cat all the way back
>not moving
>enter room
>close door
>cat already there
>>
>>8245637
I've never seen a black who owned a cat. They are superstitious and believe cats are evil or will steal your soul. Or they are too poor to see the sense in gaining another mouth to feed if it does not in some way benefit them.
>>
>>8245889
see
>>8245865
>>
>>8245898
What is he supposed to see?
>>
>>8245879
cats are also incredibly stupid, dogs are just more apparent about it
>>
Why own a pet that won't obey and love you almost unconditionally? People get pets so that they can imbue them with qualities of a friend, but can also completely control them which can't be done to a human. Dogs are literally the best of both, the only downside being that they require more care and work than cats
>>
>>8245865
>>8245870
Does this explain Murakami and his thing with talking cats?
>>
>>8246259

>I can't have a pet if I'm not dominating it all the time

Are you one of the many analytical philosophy sociopaths that roam around here?
>>
Dogs want to be let out and go on walkies and play all of the time while cats just sit around most of the time doing nothing.

Cats are an aristocratic animal and dogs are a common one.
>>
>>8245632
Because you don't have to take as much care of cats. If you're a semi-functional alcoholic as a lot of authors are, cats are easier to deal with.
>>
>>8246303
Yes.
>>
Cats are solitary, neurotic prima donnas, much like writers
>>
Because writers HATE mice.
>>
because most authors are beta and betas keep cats as pets
>>
>>8246977
hehe, betas REKT

nice one, fellow alpha
>>
>>8246977
but dogfags literally own dogs because they're lonely nerds that need a slave that they think loves them
>>
>>8246984
>>8246992
every single male I have ever encountered who has owned one or more cats has been a socially isolated kissless effeminate beta

it makes sense that the spergs on /lit/ would prefer cats to dogs
>>
File: cat villain.png (211 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
cat villain.png
211 KB, 250x375
>>8245865
>cat's can legitimacy teleport
>cat's
>legitimacy

please, this is /lit/.
>>
>>8246977
>>8246984
>>8246992
>>8247007
Pets suck in general t b h.
>>
>>8245632
No writer worth his salt would have time for a dog's shit
>>
File: succulents.jpg (71 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
succulents.jpg
71 KB, 800x533
More of a plant guy desu
>>
>>8247018
>>8247034
>t b h
>desu

Why are you on /lit/? Go back to tumblr/Facebook.
>>
>>8246977
If i wanted a bitch that always asks to go out and smells my asshole i would have gave your mom my phone number.
>>
>>8247041
blablabla baka
>>
>>8247041
>>>r/autism
smhtbhfam
>>
Cats don't demand attention all the time like dogs do. At least with the average of each.
>>
>>8247041
wtf are you on about baka senpai desu unironically
>>
>tfw own both dog and a cat

Huh.
>>
I have a theory on this.

Being a writer requires a kind of selfishness so that one is able to lose themselves in their own mind.

A dog requires more of it's owner than a cat does.

You are always wondering (especially in the puppy phase) where they are, what they are doing, if they need to go out, if it's time for them to eat, if you are training them correctly, etc.

A dog requires the kind of devotion many writers simply cannot give.
>>
>>8246254
whaaaaat? cats are way smarter than humans, they just don't care about showing off
>>
>>8246975
um the rake it posed
>>
imo everyone should emulate flannery and get a peacock
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.