[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how has he never been involved in a scandal or something? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: .jpg (85 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
85 KB, 620x410
how has he never been involved in a scandal or something? Did he never get in an argument with someone in 60 years? If someone hated
him he could just say "pynchons a racist" and force him to come out of hiding and refute the claim. I'm surprised no one tried
baiting him. i'm not even famous and if I got into an argument with someone there would be 4 of my friends talking about it on
twitter and calling me names and picking sides, i dunno i find his life confusing
>>
>>8245594
>having friends who would argue over your positions on social media

Truly, a normie.
>>
>>8245594
Pynchon doesn't exist. He's a fine mist of a myth conjured by a loose collective of engineering majors who have friends in the humanities.
>>
>>8245594
one of his former friends he cucked authored a buttmad article in playboy, you can find the first half online quite easily
>>
>>8245621
You talking about Jules Siegel?
>>
>>8245608

no, but he is J. D. Salinger.
>>
>>8245594
CAN YOU NORMIES PLEASE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARDIE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
>>
>>8245608

A vitriolic ash dust. As forcing him out. I trust he has "Reasons" and respect them. As per the not-Tom, either they either or not. Survival of at least some is invariably expected with a high degree of probability.
>>
Gong golden huge a hauling again appears and, right stage exits, suspenders his snaps he as laughing again ass your on you're and. Mouth naughty to Hand "Ah!" Mirror a out Pulls "???handsome look I do? Dese like you "-center, right, left -you for em displays and mouth his into up right teeth buck plastic of pair a shoves he as him watch. Yukyukyukyuk laughing, says he "?Pynch that did". Card that, pynchmeister old the by again pranked been you've Hahahahahah and shock a get you BZZZZZZZZZZ and up back book the pick you and, trickster this, next do gonna he whats hmmm think you then and! It do to, genius crack the, mind mad the. Cackling back fall you and snakes fulla face a get you POP & book the open you, cans snake novelty those of one like is novel every. It of brim the to full are books his and, behavior rambunctious and jokes, gags, goofs is books in thing fav my because sure for writer fav my Pynchons.
>>
wait do people actually like pynchon unironically?
>>
>>8246061
He's my fav writer for sure
>>
>>8246065
>>8246041
>>
>>8246041
This no lie captures the rhythm of Pynchon's prose.
>>
>>8245631
>tfw when you make tandem bicycles
>>
Pynchon is an unparalleled genius with an IQ so high, it cannot be properly measured because standard tests have an upper ceiling, a "high score" he always gets. Of course he doesn't get into fights. When's the last time you got into an argument with a chimpanzee?
>>
>>8246061
I didn't know people hated him unironically. Not even memeing here, I can't see how someone can go through a book like Gravity's Rainbow and not be in awe at the way Pynchon writes.
>>
>>8246543
Most of the people who hate him have never actually read anything by him. Though obviously not every author is going to "agree" with everyone's sensibilities.

John Hawkes is my absolute favorite but there are plenty of people who find fault with his books for all sorts of reasons that all seem retarded to me.
>>
>>8245608
k. dicky pls go
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.