[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy novels can run the risk of having very similar worlds.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_inline_nf8c4dvJL11qmoaae.png (334 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nf8c4dvJL11qmoaae.png
334 KB, 500x687
Fantasy novels can run the risk of having very similar worlds. Without creative worldbuilding I loose interest really fast. I saw a post about creating a world that had vasts forests instead of oceans. The forest deepened and grew the deeper they got, with giant deer instead of whales etc. Does anyone here have interesting ideas and settings they would love to right about?
>>
>>8245419
Op here
"right"
I'll go kill myself for that mistake when this thread dies.
>>
>>8245420
You were write to correct your mistake.
>>
>>8245450
kek
>>
I'm reading up on physical geography and geology. My style is just to try to be as realistic as possible with creating functioning ecosystems and modeling a plausible water/entropy cycle. I also try to write without the baseless pessimism, fatalism, and stereotypes that most fantasy authors seem to have. I don't honestly need to read a book to see a message I can easily find in pop culture.

Also, if you write about aliens or fantasy races, please don't base them off of ethnic minorities. Actually try, for once.
>>
>>8245420
Don't forget to observe the last writes
>>
>>8245419
I remember reading a book when I was a teenager (I think by Sagan) that was imagining what life would be like on Jupiter or a similar gas planet. Had all sorts of fantastic balloon creatures and things that vaguely resembled birds or dragons, and the kind of drifting plants you'd have in such an ecosystem.

Most of the pop-sci I read back then didn't really stick with me but I thought that was cool.
>>
>>8245513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uakLB7Eni2E
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.