[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you mention in your biography about your shitposting on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1454789391339.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1454789391339.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
Will you mention in your biography about your shitposting on this board, and the/lit/ influence on your way to become a succesful writer?
>>
Why not?

I've been posting on 4chan boards for 9 years or so.
>>
>>8244453
go back to your containment board, dumb frog fuck

>>>/r9k/
>>
No.
>>
Nope. Internet maybe 4chan in specific no. You only ever waste my time and alternately palate my loneliness
>>
Yes, and my countless hentai masturbation sessions. It's going to be very Knausgårdesque
>>
>>8244538
If you only wasted time and it was an negligible about of time, then okay. Otherwise, that's just unauthentic.
>>
>>8244591
Just because you can't imagine 4chan as a vacuous waste of time doesn't mean it isn't
>>
If you have to write your own biography, then you shouldn't have a biography written about you.
>>
>>8244614
??
I didn't argue pro or contra it being a waste of time.
I'm saying that if you wasted a lot of time here, and if you thus absorbed it's culture and thinking, it's become part of the mosaic that makes up your character.
And unless you want to want an autobiography that's a Feynman'esque collection of stories about how glorious you are, you should include it 4chan in your biography.
>>
>>8244453
>Will you mention in your biography about your shitposting on this board

i dont shitpost

> the/lit/ influence on your way to become a succesful writer?

no, you shits had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>8244651

If you want to appear "glorious", then mentioning 4chan isn't the way to do it.
>>
>>8244651
You act like 4chan is a formative experience in some significant way that the broader internet isn't. All we're doing is stating our impressions about shit. It's just a coffee shop full of hentai.
>>
I do in fact mention /lit/ in my memoir.
>>
>writing a biography written about yourself
>writing it yourself
0/10 "epic fail." Henry James did it right, he burnt all of his letters. I'm going to delete my email accounts.
>>
>>8244678
Which is exactly what I say.
????
?????????
Asshole.

>>8244685
I think it's more honest.
>>
I will remember you guys. I will say a few words about this place and the influence of it on me throughout the years at the Nobel Prize Ceremony
>>
>>8244453
I won't because I wouldn't like to attract newfags
>>
The first page of my novel is "Dedicated to Anonymous. I'm never ever gonna give you up."
>>
Rules 1 and 2 bro!!!
>>
>>8244626
In a roundabout way this makes sense
>>
>>8247055
This theory neglects the value of storytelling and literary ability though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.