[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terence Kemp McKenna. Rupert Sheldrake. Ralph Abraham. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: reality.jpg (71 KB, 680x757) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
71 KB, 680x757
Terence Kemp McKenna.
Rupert Sheldrake.
Ralph Abraham.

What can you tell me about them?
>>
File: kkakant.gif (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kkakant.gif
5 KB, 300x300
McKenna was the philosopher one, not in the academic sense of the word, but he wrote about the spirit, the reality, some way about ontology, also a little bit about epistemology. Of course was Sheldrake who made the further research in this field. As a biologist his evolutionary sensibility allowed him to threat the problem with knowledge from the scientific point of view as it deserves, without any reductionism, with the concept of resonances. Ralph Abraham was the compulsory mathematician: dynamics systems, chaos theory, stochasticity.

and of course drugs raves probably mental illnes
>>
File: screen-2.jpg (15 KB, 350x219) Image search: [Google]
screen-2.jpg
15 KB, 350x219
McKenna wrote about psychedelics mainly and his relationship with the human race and his evolution, mainly with the emergence of the mind (and consequently, the spirit). Food of the Gods maybe says something to your.

Sheldrake came with really interesting ideas of how biological systems can carry so much information, even more when you considerer humans, with all his complexity, on those. Migration patterns in animals are something that can not be fully modeled by biochemical reactions encoded in DNA.
>>
>>8244248
Beautiful gibberish. They talk themselves in circles while jerking each other off. It goes nowhere and afterward you know what hippies are trying to say but you have no idea how old and how regurgitated these ideas are leading you to think you're a guru. Then you read real academics and move on with your life.
>>
>>8244354
How is going Mr. Bourgeois?

Anyway, I could agree with you.
>>
I should go to /sci/, but anyone knows about a good book in the topic of dynamical systems? I just got my B.Sc. in mathematics so I have some background.
>>
>>8244645
If anyone interested
>>sci/8185540
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.