[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunger games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
As I keep reading this book I feel something is missing.

Yes, is an low entry book, made for teens, I get it. The story isn't that bad, is interesting. But fuck, it is too short.

I don't know if is an issue with the first person writing (I haven't read many books written in first person) but the author is shooting her leg by using that writing method. Is very fucking hard to describe what is around the character, about the world she lives, the book feels small and incomplete.

While I keep reading it there are numerous times I wish the author stop, and tell me more about the world or the situation that is happening. Good conversations that could last 2, 3 pages are compressed in one paragraph. Same with some events. Is not about telling something interesting to the plot, I just want to know more about the personalities of the characters or how the places were they are looks.

Anyway, just blogging around. Let's talk about this epic saga. I am at the second half of the second book, it seems it is getting better. What do you think?
>>
>>8243909

If you like Hunger Games I abso-super-duper-lutely recommend you read The Book of Disquiet.
>>
I think you should fuck off if you think wasting your time on this trash is worth it.
>>
>>8243925
epic meme
>>
>>8243926
Is not worth it. I just want to talk about it. Why makes it so fucking trash? I just don't want to follow the /lit/ hivemind to hate stuff just because is popular.

Have you read them? No? Then fuck off.
>>
>>8243987
You read it which means you obviously thought it was worth not only reading but finishing it, so kys retard.
>>
>>8243992
I can't citizen or even talk about a work of art that I haven't analyzed first. If I want to talk shit about this book, I have to read them first.

Don't tell me you're the kind of person who repeats other's opinions like a parrot, anon.
>>
>>8244007
You could spend your whole life watching and reading trash to "analyze" it, enjoy.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.