[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential feminist works, fellow educated friends who agree with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 316x202
Essential feminist works, fellow educated friends who agree with me that women are morally equal to men?
>>
Mary Wollstonecraft
The Second Sex
Feminism is for Everybody and anything bell hooks in general
>>
The Second Sex, The Vindication of the Rights of a woman, We Should All Be Feminists
>>
>>8243874
I would recommend a room of one's own and the joy of Cuckolding by Louie CK
>>8243877
>we should all be feminists
not really relevant in first world feminism
>>
>>8243875
>>8243877
>>8243904
>>8243907
>liberals detected
>>
>>8243875
jesus christ what the fuck is going on in your head to make you pul bell fucking hooks in the same league as Wollstonecraft and De Beauvoir you fucking degenerate
>>
>>8243874
your penis envy is showing.
>>
>>8244034
Mary Wollstonecraft = Proto-feminist
Second Sex = second wave
bell hooks = third wave

Is it that difficult?
>>
>>8243874
Anything by Audrey Lorde.
>>
>>8243874
>morally equal
wtf does this even mean

that said, The Second Sex, OP
>>
>>8243940
Yeh, what's your point?
>>
>>8243874
>that women are morally equal to men?
This is interesting. Most anti and pro feminists don't believe in equality between the two, so a lot of the standard feminist recommendations won't work
>Wollstonecraft
I think she held that the sexes could be equal within their class, but that brings along with it that she feels lower class women are infectiously bad and shouldn't be allowed hang out with their upper class sisters.
>The Second Sex
Definitely doesn't believe that women are men are equal, since Beauvoir thinks that women are a de facto Other.

Then on the other side of feminists, who are usually rejected by other feminists you have
>Vilar
Believes women are better at manipulating men, and making life easy for themselves at the expense of men, than men are at repressing women.
>Fourier
Believe women ruled the world through marriage and cuckoldry

I don't know that anyone has tried to claim they're genuinely equal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.