[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you read his book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nzmbqwiIuJ1qbvxwco1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzmbqwiIuJ1qbvxwco1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x435
Would you read his book?
>>
>>8243625

2fancy4me
>>
nah, he's hit or miss with me, mostly miss.
>>
File: mdebook.png (431 KB, 1240x1600) Image search: [Google]
mdebook.png
431 KB, 1240x1600
I plan to
>>
I have no idea who he is but he looks like the kind of guy who'd move to Berlin and tell people about the book he is going to write but all he does is smoking bad weed and run a street art blog until he realizes that he's soon gonna turn 35 and he didn't achieve anything.
>>
File: pQSuvRn.png (3 MB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
pQSuvRn.png
3 MB, 1620x1080
>>8243625
The screencaps I've seen look really funny to me and it looks like it could also be interesting in terms of art and layout, so yeah, there's a good chance I would.

http://imgur.com/a/EQk5h#0
>>
>>8243638
yeah that's about right
>>
>>8243636
>Charles Carrol HIV
lel
>>
I knew kids like this in school.
They're weirdos like anyone else that matters but they think they've got some incredible artistic talent which can be cultivated by watching Tim and Eric and shooting ironically bad student films over the weekend. They read House of Leaves and Ulysses's Telemachiad and pretend they've managed to be both low and highbrow like they've experienced it all but are still perfectly individual, maaan. They can't actually have intelligent conversations because those aren't visceral enough, but they totally aren't lazy or wasting their potential because deep down they're really smart, y'know? They never smoke weed or do drugs, not because it affects their ADD medication (it really really does), but because that shit's for basic bitches, and it's possible to be a weird fringe artist without touching that trash ok (it's not). Just so happens that all their art accomplishes its goals because it just involves trolling people to feed a superiority complex and if it doesn't work then naturally they were just pretending to be retarded and if it does work then it was still totally ironic look how self-aware they are.
Now they all work in bars.
>>
>>8243664
nice projection but it sort of falls apart when you realise he has a tv show and book coming out
>>
>>8243664
This post just made me wonder where the weebs from high school ended up. I'm curious whether they ever turned normal.
>>
I want to be as cool and ironic and funny as Sam when i grow up
>>
>>8243664
Interesting comment. What other kind of people would you think are better than these?
>>
>>8243678
neets and STEM wagecucks of course
>>
>>8243678
People who don't pretend their time has to be earned simply because they're a busy artist in their imagination.
>>
>>8243639
That page is interesting but the other stuff like the killing his coworkers stuff or the boondock saints are just a little too cringe, but maybe that's part of the concept.
>>
>>8243699
it's like 700 pages you're not gonna like everything
>>
million dollar extreme 4 life
>>
>>8243699
The killing the coworkers thing is from Tissue Box (one cannot have an informed opinion on the boys without seeing this) and it resonates with me in many ways if only for the absurdity of modern life.

Tim & Eric has many of these same aspects, that is the tendency to associate corporate objects and concepts with pain and confusion
>>
no because he's not funny. his videos make me sad for some reason. maybe because he's ugly, massive because he's old, maybe because he's not funny.
>>
>>8243639
Looks just like Tundra desu
>>
>>8243773
It does seem to be sort of a stream of consciousness collection of ideas they've had over the years, a lot of the same themes and ideas come up over and over again
>>
File: MemePupper.jpg (28 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
MemePupper.jpg
28 KB, 400x406
>>8243664
>house of leaves is high brow
>>
>>8243664
Now THAT'S what I call resentment!
>>
>>8243773
Looks more like that other thing /lit/ wrote. Tundra is actually coherent.
>>
>>8243636
if I order this on Amazon will I pop up on some Big Guy's computer at langley or do they already know it's a po-po-mo ironic youtube opus?
>>
>>8243864
you're already on the list
>>
>>8243866
>>8243864
Yep, if you have browsed 4chan for any amount of time there's no way you're not already on a list
>>
>>8243866
What list?
Idk what you guys are talking about.
>>
>>8243866
>>8243872
no. please delete this.
>>
It's going to be one long shitpost. I think I'll pass.
>>
>>8243675
i like to think most of them, at lease the ones that manage to feign some kind of normality, guys who could be attractive if they weren't socially crippled, end up marrying overweight girls and lead unremarkable lives. least thats what comes across whenever i see people like that.
>>
>>8243664
>it's possible to be a weird fringe artist without touching that trash ok (it's not).
hmm...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.