[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck am I supposed to think /lit/? I just recently started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1462168063236.jpg (46 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1462168063236.jpg
46 KB, 1440x900
What the fuck am I supposed to think /lit/? I just recently started to step up my reading game to stuff like slaughterhouse five, but the whole meme scene eludes me. Is infinite jest a legitimately good novel? I have no idea what I'm doing and need a guiding hand.
>>
Dear god please help
>>
>>8243416
You're supposed to think for yourself. But I will make a suggestion, and that is to disregard Infinite Jest on the basis that there are many more worthy books than that piece of overlong doggerel. The veneration of it is a practical joke.
>>
>>8243424
God can't help you now.
>>
>>8243425
Thanks friend, desu I've never been very good at thinking for myself in terms of what to like. Could I get a suggestion off the top of your head?
>>
>>8243430
Off the top of my head, I suggest Homer's Odyssey if you want to read something in the western canon . But if you like Kurt Vonnegut's sci fi you will probably like Robert Silverberg's books from the 1970's.
>>
Read some of the shorter novels off the lit core list. Develop taste. Then go SWTG.
>>
When i first got into books, Slaughterhouse was one of my first reads. I'd rec you try out:

Catcher in the Rye
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Candide
Great Gatsby
>>
>>8243416
this post gave me existential dispair
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.