[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The middle of act of any story, one book or a trilogy, is ALWAYS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 4365367.gif (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4365367.gif
18 KB, 500x500
The middle of act of any story, one book or a trilogy, is ALWAYS the weakest part.

literally cannot prove me wrong
>>
>>8243133
You are right for most of what I've read, but not all
>>
>reading a trilogy

I think the weakness lies in that fact alone.
>>
>>8243136
>one book or a trilogy
Did you miss that first part? Literally applies for any story regardless of length.
>>
>>8243133
>reading for plot
>>
>>8243157
This isn't a meme
>>
>>8243133
Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>8243172
>he watches flicks
pleb medium doesn't count
>>
>>8243175
>Any story
>>
>>8243144
It's not a continuous story. Otherwise they would be also published as one book and said book would be commonplace and easy to find.

Stories don't have acts, plays do. I guess you're talking Shakespeare. Same with books. They can have different parts, but it's all one continuous read. (P.S. They're called chapters.)

There's no shame in enjoying some sci fi / fantasy trilogy. I was just poking fun at it.
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>8243183
>Stories don't have acts
>>
>>8243196
>>8243183
>(P.S. They're called chapters.)
>>
Count Zero
>>
File: drama-aufbau-allgemein-gr.gif (19 KB, 1050x393) Image search: [Google]
drama-aufbau-allgemein-gr.gif
19 KB, 1050x393
>>8243133
what
>>
>>8243133
The Matrix: Reloaded
>>
>>8243691
>retardation
I kekd
>>
Circe in Ulysses is right about in the middle, and it's the chapter that symbolizes the entire work in a certain sense, and I like it better than the Stephen opening and Molly ending.

If a writer is talented enough, the beginning and end are easy, bc they have to be a form of pandering, the opening to make the reader interested, the end to define what the reader feels about the text when they've finished.

It's a lot more impressive when a writer makes the center/body of a narrative more interesting, and it's the sign of a stronger work. The beginning and the end are usually dependent upon the motions of plot, but the center should be a beautiful murky mess of language and character.
>>
>>8243133
except YA
>Hunger Games
>Allegiant
>Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
>Uglies
>Twilight
>>
>>8243133
Wuthering Heights has its climax half-way through the actual book and the rest is slow and depressing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.