[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What think, especially the eastern european part of /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 9717.jpg (41 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
9717.jpg
41 KB, 316x475
What think, especially the eastern european part of /lit/?
>>
>>8241698
>posting about european fiction on /lit/ that isn't dostoevsky, tolstoy or proust
good luck with that
>>
>>8241767
lol people here love this book
>>
>>8241698
babbys first philosophical fiction.
>>
>>8241698

this was actually one of the first serious books i read and i found it laughable even in my infant state of reading how terrible the philosophical musings were, especially when he mentioned nietzche and the horse.

I don't want to say I regret reading it but it'd be embarassing to say i was proud of it.

You post kundera and his most popular book so maybe you should think a little more on yourself as eastern europe has a lot more to offer, especially if you consider russia and early russian writing in the golden and silver period as european.
>>
I think the Czech Republic is in central Europe, and Kundera mostly wrote in French.
>>
>>8241767
Have you been here one day or something? Plenty of European fiction is discussed here. It's impossible to get around the fact that Tolstoy and Dosto are some of the most renowned prose writers of all time and rightfully so, while Proust is famous for being good while also having written one of the longest (if not THE longest) pieces of literature ever. Of course these artists will be discussed in any literature circles due to their reputation, but there are plenty of other European writers talked about on this board and you'd know this if you actually lurked and weren't just visiting from /mu/.
>>
>>8241790
You have the wisdom of all the 40000 falcons of Arstotzka and Kalechia! There is no Eastern Europe. Eastern Europe is a relative term! It is always to the east of any Eastern European country you can think of according to it's denizens who all are totally not gypsies, but verily Germans who happen to speak a (very Germanate!) Central European language. Czech Republic is Central Europe. Slovakia is Central Europe, too, and so is Hungary, Romania, the Ukraine and Russia and the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. The Baltic states are an exception here. They are, along with Belarus a part of Scandinavia. See? No such thing as Eastern Europe.
>>
>>8241810
>i am butthurt and would get lost in europe
maybe less vidya, more geography?
>>
>>8241698
An enjoyable romance novel with some interesting philosophical musings at the beginning. Good practice for someone learning French, since the language is simple and very easy to follow.
>>
it's deep philosophical lit for people who don't read lit or philosophy. half a step above murakami tier middlebrow drivel.
>>
>>8241698
Haven't read it. Hrabal is good though, and I'm guessing he's better than Kundera.
>>
>>8241810
Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech are in Central Europe. The Baltics, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria and part of Russia are Eastern Europe. Simple, really.

Just don't ask me about the Balkans though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.