[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did he mean by that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: maskwilde.png (241 KB, 475x636) Image search: [Google]
maskwilde.png
241 KB, 475x636
what did he mean by that?
>>
"Take away the mask, and it will be extremely painful ... for you." - Oscar Wilde
>>
>>8239402
Take away the mask for you?
>>
He means that when a person believes they are cloaked by anonymity, they behave as their true selves. i.e. The difference between how a person behaves on Facebook compared to 4chan.
>>
give a man freedom to act without consequences and he'll devolve to a beast
>>
>>8239416
I see, that's why a usual facebook or reddit manner of discussion is so vomit-inducing.
>>
>>8239402
It's take off the mask m8. Like a plane takes off.
>>
>>8239416
>that awkward feel when you see people on Facebook acting like they're on 4chan
>>
>>8239427
It's what happens when you resign yourself the fact that the only people who will ever NOT think you're a weird little spergy fuck are those who also are into dank memes and greentexting but you also know that you're too much of a weird little spergy fuck to not get made fun of if you actually go post on 4chan.
>>
>>8239399
Obviously that you need to embrace an ideology in order to get to the real truth.
(Zizek)
>>
>>8239399
maybe this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW253CUrm1A
>>
Many people wear masks and still tell lies.
>>
>>8239425
At least you can talk. Who are you?
>>
>>8239425
And chrases. With no survivors.
>>
it means we r legion
>>
>>8239437
>he plateaued on level 3 of internet meta philosophy
weak
>>
>>8239451
If a statement derived from your most genuine thoughts, unshrouded by a desire of conformity, is a lie, is it a lie?
>>
>>8239495
Exactly. Perfect inversion
> CIA wonders if the mask takes off if Bane will die
> in fact the plane chrashes and Bane survives
>>
File: 1466795228079.jpg (26 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1466795228079.jpg
26 KB, 720x405
>>8239399
eet ishh....ehhh...you know.....how shall I poot eet....
>>
he meant that, by the way he will manage the mask, youll be able to infer his true self.
>>
>>8239442
>misunderstanding Zizek
>still trying
6/10 m8 i know you can do better.
>>
>>8239945
you make me laugh anon thanks
>>
>>8239427
>he has facebook
>>
>>8239427
Cringe inducing, it really cut down on my autism. It was like a mirror on my own awful self. I try to act normally on 4chan now.
>>
File: 1395883177769.jpg (317 KB, 1067x1264) Image search: [Google]
1395883177769.jpg
317 KB, 1067x1264
People comply with society as long as they are not anonymous. Give a man a mask and he will do all types of sick shit.
>>
Give a man a mask and he can hide for a day.
Teach a man how to craft a mask and he can hide for a lifetime.
(DFW)
>>
>>8239443

Holy shit that was depressing
>>
>>8239399
It means if you give a man a mask you'll feed him for a day. If you *teach* a man to mask you'll feed him for a lifetime.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.